Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Agents Rurals fine angler for using squid as bait (Read 3699 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

Agents Rurals fine angler for using squid as bait
Dec 3rd, 2010 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
...it says here in the Cat Chron.   Someone has written in that a chap had his 2 rods confiscated and a 600 euro fine for using dead squid bait as it is not natural fauna in the Ebro.  It seems dead and live baits are illegal (I don't object to the live bait bit) as are any baits which are not indigenous and local.  Presume this means bread crust is OK and perhaps worm or maggot but anything else ain't.  Just another thing to send angling-tourists off to France or Ireland ??  Daft or what? 
Presumably the Agents Rurals are a self-funding organisation judging by the size of the fines they're allowed to deal out.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Re: Agents Rurals fine angler for using squid as bait
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
...it says here in the Cat Chron.   Someone has written in that a chap had his 2 rods confiscated and a 600 euro fine for using dead squid bait as it is not natural fauna in the Ebro.  It seems dead and live baits are illegal (I don't object to the live bait bit) as are any baits which are not indigenous and local.  Presume this means bread crust is OK and perhaps worm or maggot but anything else ain't.  Just another thing to send angling-tourists off to France or Ireland ??  Daft or what? 
Presumably the Agents Rurals are a self-funding organisation judging by the size of the fines they're allowed to deal out.

I wonder if you can use chicken ? the amount of waste from the chicken factories that is allowed to flow into the Ebro makes me think perhaps they are indigenous ?

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 8:38am
Print Post  
So squid is not natural in the Ebro.....Nice to see the authorities are so on the ball and the jobsworths so eager to enforce such a ruling but since when has raw sewage,chicken guts, chemical fertilizers and heavy metals been part of the fauna.I can only assume they will be as quick of the mark when the other offenders......Clueless

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Don't be daft the anglers are an easy target to get 500 or 600 euros from, and they are foreigners, the owners of the chicken farms and the battery production plant are wealthy aboriginals so the authorities will not prosecute as they get re elected if they say nothing!!

Trouble is the Ebro suffers and the tourist business declines, but what do they care they don't want tourism anyway!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top