Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Price of Bricks. (Read 5642 times)
John
Ex Member

Price of Bricks.
Dec 7th, 2010 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Everybody,

I am coming over again in May to do some more work. I need to rebuild an interior wall and need to do some costing work before I arrive. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what the current price is for Bricks by the pallet full?

I also need to know where there is a timber merchant in the Gandesa / Mora d'Ebre area who can supply wooden beams  - I need to replace some roof supports.

All advice greatly appreciated.

John.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Price of Bricks.
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Depends on the type of blocks and there are many, do you mean iso blocks aerated clay blocks or moulded concrete blocks

Makes a difference also what size 200 x 200 x500 ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Like Stuart says, there's a lot of different types available here.  For an internal wall (if not load bearing) you probably only need about 100mm Machetons.  Most of this stuff is pretty cheap and I doubt if you'll get discount for a palette quantity.  The last time I bought hollow concrete blocks 500 x 200 x 150 they were about 60c each I think.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Hi Hazelnut,
Thanks for replying. I meant Bricks not Blocks. Standard size Building Bricks with  holes in them.Like these http://www.flickr.com/photos/mulaphoto/2257915834/

Or better still, like the ones at the front of this picture (theones with three holes)http://marketplace.veer.com/images/1693901_building-bricks-on-white-background-

Many Thanks,
John.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Hi John,
Just been to my local builders yard.
Bricks like this :-

Sorry, couldn't manage to insert a pic.  They have holes pireced through the 27 x 12.5 face i.e. the holes are 8.5 long.

27 x 12.5 x 8.5 were 16c each so about €6.40/sqm if layed flat as face bricks or about €4.50 layed on edge for rendering.

I make that about €45/palette.
Timber isn't easy or cheap here.  Most of it's green but if you specify exactly what you want, I know a man who knows a man.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Hi do you know why they lay them on edge for rendering ? and who is your building merchant.
Thanks for any advise Phil

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I'm not a builder but I assumed that for an external wall or facing brick you would lay them flat and for an internal dividing wall (non load bearing) you could lay them on edge to give a bigger area coverage per brick and a holey face to render onto.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I Think the holes in the bricks are to provide a good bond between each row of bricks and the next, they are semi textured on the sides to give a good key for render!!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
You're probably right although the ones I saw were fairly smooth on the faces.  The original enquiry related to dividing walls.  A couple in my house are really thin.  I installed a couple of corner shelves in the living room the other day and went right through two of the bedroom walls.  Normal gear...get one job crossed of the list and add a couple more  Grin

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies guys. It seems that after doing a bit of hunting around 16 cents a brick seems to be about average for the type I'll be using now.

Thanks again.
J.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top