Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gas Lights for LPG/Butane/propane. (Read 6252 times)
John
Ex Member

Gas Lights for LPG/Butane/propane.
Feb 12th, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
I'm wondering if anybody on here knows a source of modern gas lights in Spain? The type I'm thinking of is the ones used in Caravans until the 70's / early 80's. I know Truma in Germany still make them and they are still quite popular in nnorthern Europe but was wondering if anyone knows where to buy them in Spain. I have a load I'm planning to bring over but would prefer modern ones.

Paulin and Falks, and Humphrey brands spring to mind which are very widely and easily available in the states and Canada but they are not CE certified for use in the EU.

I know a lot of people live in fincas here and wondered if anyone uses them or knows where to get the mantles in Spain? I import and export the mantles for them but not the lights themselves.

I must stress here that I am talking about plumbed in wall mounted gas lights NOT the portable camping gas lights which work off a small blue or green gas cartridge and which you can carry around.

I've tried to attach a picture of a similar type of modern gas light to show what I mean.
Many thanks,
John

gaslight.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Re: Gas Lights for LPG/Butane/propane.
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Or this type..

gaslight2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
If you really want to have some gas lighting modify some camping gas lights found at most car bootys here in spain

Not very safe though why not go the 12v battery and LED Light route cheap LED lights now at the chino shop for only 3.60 a Bulb 40 euro battery from Hyper Simply and a cheap solar panel!!

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
The light is too harsh with LEDs and even 12v fluorescent lighting. My misses and I prefer much softer lighting. I don't think there's anything wrong with bright lights at times. They have tiier place and uses but softer lighting is much nicer and prefered  by a lot of people. That's why I sell so many of the mantles worldwide.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
LED lights come in all colours and intensities, you don't need to have the harsh white ones that they use in torches, I have a load of soft white ones that are much easier on the eye.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Hazelnut,

I asked  if any body knows where to buy modern Gas Lights.

I am looking for a SUPPLIER of gas lights in Spain. As I explained, the American lights are not CE certified and are not on sale in Europe. The Modern Truma lights ARE on sale in Europe, but I do not know where in Spain.

I said I already have gas lights and will be bringing them over - but would prefer more modern ones. The picture above of the one lit up is one of the type I already have (this is actually one of mine in situ). I do not need to modify camping gas lamps.  Nor do I want Led lights. I really don't like the light they give off.

John.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2011 at 3:31pm by »  

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
The internet is very good at finding stuff. Try 'la lámpara de gas' as a search item. Plenty listed

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Thank you David. Using that as a search term on google.es I found this company who sell wall mounted and ceiling mounted Gas Lights. They are based in Northern Spain but may have a mail order service. I haven't checked yet but here is a supplier...
http://www.barrene.es/productos_barrene1.php?cRuta=0_1_191&idCategoria=1&idSecci...

50821 Wall mounted light = 104,57 Euros
50820 Ceiling mounted light = 150,15 Euros

2011 Prices.

Maybe useful for more than just me.   Smiley

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
And here are the TRUMA Gas lights from Germany.
http://www.truma.com/de/de/gasversorgung/uebersicht-gasleuchten.php
English Site:
http://www.truma.com/int/en/gas-supply/overview-gas-lights.php

They do have a supplier in Spain. I will dig the info out and edit this post to show it. Found it. There are quite a few actually. There's on in Barcelona. Here's the list: Smiley
http://www.truma.com/int/en/home/dealer-search-result.php

John.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top