Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Grazing rates. (Read 5645 times)
fatphil
Ex Member

Grazing rates.
Apr 12th, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me what an average cost is per acre for horse grazing,on private land ?

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Re: Grazing rates.
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Hazlenut,
Thank you for your generous offer,but we do not own horses.
But we have some horses being tethered on our land without permission and I am interested in what the going rate for grazing is when we track down the owner !

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Well out of interest when our local pastor used to graze his sheep and goats in our baranque we didn't charge for grazing but at the end of the year we got a Goat butchered and delivered to the door ready for the freezer, so working the same logic do you like Bifteck de cheval

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hazlenut,
Thank you for your generous offer,but we do not own horses.
But we have some horses being tethered on our land without permission and I am interested in what the going rate for grazing is when we track down the owner !

Easy way to track down the owner untether the horses and let them go the bush telegraph soon finds the owner!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 8:46am
Print Post  
[quote author=6F667D626B697273070 link=1302600442/2#2 date=1302673125]Well out of interest when our local pastor used to graze his sheep and goats in our baranque we didn't charge for grazing but at the end of the year we got a Goat butchered and delivered to the door ready for the freezer, so working the same logic do you like Bifteck de cheval[/quote

A goat is one thing but It's a bit unfair to expect a butchered horse on your doorstep

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 9:07am
Print Post  
well maybe just one leg a year.
Anyway using free horses to keep down the grass and weeds with free manure can't be that bad.
At least there are no chemicals involved Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
[quote author=6F667D626B697273070 link=1302600442/2#2 date=1302673125]Well out of interest when our local pastor used to graze his sheep and goats in our baranque we didn't charge for grazing but at the end of the year we got a Goat butchered and delivered to the door ready for the freezer, so working the same logic do you like Bifteck de cheval[/quote

A goat is one thing but It's a bit unfair to expect a butchered horse on your doorstep

Better than finding a Horses Head on your pillow!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Or a whole horse,with a cigarette.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

goat dewormer
Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Hi, anyone know were I can buy goat dewormer for my goat (thats not sold in huge quantities), and the location of a vet that can treat goats pref in Tortosa area should I need one.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Or a whole horse,with a cigarette.

Things Night Mares are made of Hay!

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Re: goat dewormer
Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi, anyone know were I can buy goat dewormer for my goat (thats not sold in huge quantities), and the location of a vet that can treat goats pref in Tortosa area should I need one.

Not trying to be clever - we used to keep Anglo Nubians (and two rare breed sheep - one called BAAAABARA the other was  MAAAAARMITE.....omg they tasted good)  - but have you googled your requirement? there seems to be loads of suppliers in UK ready to mail order.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re:goat dewormers
Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Thanks but have tried several the cheapest being £23 posted to England and most suppliers seem to be US or Canada, I thiught there may be a cheaper option here.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Re: Re:goat dewormers
Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks but have tried several the cheapest being £23 posted to England and most suppliers seem to be US or Canada, I thiught there may be a cheaper option here.

The british goat society have a good website and may be helpful. Try Supplement Solutions.co.uk     They deliver to Spain.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re goat dewormer
Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks got them on solutions delivered to Spain £26 ouch!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top