Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 SPanish/UK vehicle (Read 11442 times)
phoebedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: SPanish/UK vehicle
Reply #15 - May 4th, 2011 at 3:11pm
Print Post  

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExport...

This website explains it all.  You cannot sorn a vehicle when its abroad because on the sorn application you have to specify which UK address the vehicle will be kept at.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - May 4th, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Well I have a few motorbikes on sorn and nobody has ever asked me were they are Cool

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2011 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
The answer to all of this is really simple! To use your UK registered car on Spanish roads it must be taxed, insured, MOT'd and not on a sorn. In other words, Road Legal for use in the UK.

It really is that simple.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2011 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
hear hear John.
This week alone, 1 uk car disabled on finca, by the mossers,and owner fined 700 euros for not having uk mot and tax,, and 1 van taken away by mossers on a low loader, at the owners expense plus an undisclosed fine...
These drivers are not being fair to other road users, as there insurance is nil and void even if they think they are insured. I hope i'm not in a accident with any of these law breaking drivers. I have to pay my dues, ans so should they... Sad

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2011 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
I have an old car which has just run out of mot. I use it on my private land as a feed store for my donkeys,
Should I declare it scrapped, rather than sorned.
If so what are the implications when the mossos decide to drive 2 miles up a mountain to clamp my car.
Am I allowed to keep a scrapped car???

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
What authority do they have to go onto private land and  check what could be classed as a farm vehicle ?
Perhaps this is why some Adjuntaments require tractors to be on the land rates bill ?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2011 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
As far as I'm aware farm vehicles have to be safe to use.

In 7 years of living here I have personally known 7 people (1 of them English) who have died in accidents while using tractors.

I'm not saying any of them were not road worthy, but they are just as dangerous if not in a good state of repair as any car.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2011 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
At the moment, the police seem to be only targeting cars that they have seen being driven on the roads. One guy tried to stop the police coming onto his land, to no avail..They still took the car away on a low loader, as it had been driven on the roads, and they had pics to prove it..   I haven't heard that they are targeting any cars that have not been using the roads.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top