Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
UK versus Spanish caravans (Read 2111 times)
jools
Ex Member

UK versus Spanish caravans
Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
I've been told that you cannot tow a Spanish caravan with a UK plated car, does anyone know if this is true.

If that's the case, if you bring a UK car and caravan over to Spain, that's fine, but what happens if you change the UK plates to Spanish matriculation? Does that mean you can no longer tow the UK caravan even though it's with the same car?

Jools

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Re: UK versus Spanish caravans
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:34am
Print Post  
hi jools
spanish caravans and trailers need to be tested once a year and have a red reg plate issued the paperwork involved costs around 400 euros from traffico in tarragona
best just stick to a english car to tow a english van
damo Smiley

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Hi Damo,
Many thanks for that, I thought it was something along those lines, but what if the UK car is changed to Spanish matriculation, can it still pull a UK caravan?
In theory both items are British, it will only be the number plate on the car that changes
Jools

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
hi jools
basicly the answer is no you cannot tow a english caravan on a english car thats been maticulated
the caravan must also be maticulated my friend has just made all the enquirys for his trailer which is the same as a caravan total cost for maticulation itv and plating 1100 euros all spanish caravans and trailers must have paperwork
hope this clarifys it for you
regards damo Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top