Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 changing ownership of Spanish reg car (Read 4860 times)
cherryfarms
Ex Member

changing ownership of Spanish reg car
Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post  

HI, wise ones...I am buying a Spanish reg car from a friend who has gone back to the UK. I have all the paperwork for the car, copies of her NIE and copy of her passport. Can anyone tell me if i need any other documents before i go to Tarragona. Thanks Cheesy

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Re: changing ownership of Spanish reg car
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Hello. You will need proof that she has paid the tax to the local authority.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:36am
Print Post  
The lady also needs to sign the form. There may be sales tax to pay on the vehicle if it is rather new and this is charged 50/50. .

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Hi, I will shortly be changing the plates on an English car that I hope to buy, can anyone run me through the proceedure. I know that I have to get the technic to do his part but have forgotten the other order of things. The other problem is insurance do I have to insure it to take it to the ITV on English plates and again when I have changed them to Spanish ?

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:57am
Print Post  
EBROVOICE..(The lady also needs to sign the form. There may be sales tax to pay on the vehicle if it is rather new and this is charged 50/50. . )
----------------------------------------------------

The car is 12 yrs old .does tax have to be paid on the re sale of a Spanish second hand car ?.

I have downloaded soicitud de transmison de vehiculo, so hopefully this is the right form for here to sign.. the Spanish car is in Spain, taxes, itv and insures, its just the owner that is in the UK. I have her copy passport NIE, and car documents.

I can get the form sent to uk for her to sign,  Is there anything else i need or have to go.

many thanks Jan

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Apparently sales tax is payable on sale of cars of 4 years or less with Spanish matriculation. You need the actual tax receipt issued by Base. Though tax is paid in May it actually runs from jan1 2011 to 31dec2011.They wont accept the bank debit. YOU need a typed and signed bill of sales giving her address and NIe number and your address and nie number / passport.

okay? Wink

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your very useful info ebrovoice.
wish me luck  Smiley

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Also retain a copy of the all the paperwork in your car with your documents for at lest 12 months just incase one dept is slow in updating their records. Ive been asked in the past to provide evidence of the bill of sale from the previous owner when the next ITV was going through in my name as their records only showed the previous bod. Things move slowly and in mysterious ways over here.

If you are going to Trafiko yourself and have any promblems when you are there then just ring 012 and ask for an English speaking person and explain the problem or ask the Roll Eyesm to speak to "jobs worth" behind the counter. This number will help you out all the time on any consumer based issue in Catalonia. Very helpful to have the number in your mobile especially if you get stopped by the police and need help, for example.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
That number is now in my mobile, thanks so much for you advice and help.. This forum is a great place to be part of.. Thanks again ebrovoice. Smiley

IP Logged

djfwells
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
If you are friends with the vendor, know them well and trust them that's fine, but if not you may wish to check she does not have any outstanding Finance, Debts, Embargos, Parking & Speeding fines etc... attached to the vehicle. If there is, then YOU as the new owner of the vehicle would become liable for their payment.

Here's a bit more on the checks you should make > http://tinyurl.com/3yua42g

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re: changing plates on an English reg car
Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi, I will shortly be changing the plates on an English car that I hope to buy, can anyone run me through the procedure. I know that I have to get the technico to do his part but have forgotten the other order of things. The other problem is insurance do I have to insure it to take it to the ITV on English plates and again when I have changed them to Spanish ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top