Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Subsidy (Read 3004 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Subsidy
Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
A friend would like to know, does anyone know if you can still receive a subsidy for growing either carobs and /or olives, please?

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re: Subsidy
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Yes but only up to 2013, this years application date for 2012 ended in April I think so this only leaves one year to apply for. Cost depends on size of land and previous yields, but worth checking out with ASAJA in Tortosa.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Also,i believe depends on whether the previous owner of your land was in receipt of a grant and has relinquished the same,as we have been lead to believe via the powers that be,that the grant goes with the Farmer not the land! (i know this makes no sense)  Embarrassed (This of course was for the areas surrounding Tortosa)

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I concur with previous posts. Same setup in the Amposta area.
Bruixot

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
So again the system is geared to favour the Locals who could farm many parcela's but not actually nead to own any land to benefit from the grant ?

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Yes, if you have a contract with a farmer he can claim the subsidy - don't see any problem in that. If you set the contract up correctly in the first place then the subsidy payments can cease ( to the contractor ) when the contract ends.
Once again it is all about doing your homework before signing anything.....

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Don't think it is just geared up for the "locals" to claim benefits, we got the grant changed over to our name when we purchased our property. But it looks like it is coming to an end anyway for everyone Sad (including the Locals).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top