Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Birth control for cats!! (Read 4723 times)
Julie
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Birth control for cats!!
Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I found out from a local that there's a very effective birth control pill for cats. It's called PROGEVERA (5mg) and you can buy it from a normal farmacia. It only costs 2 euros something for a pack of 24. You just have to give it once a week. I've been using it for nearly 2 years and the only side effects have been a lack of kittens!!!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: Birth control for cats!!
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Could I just point out that contraceptive pills or injections are only considered to be a short term solution for birth control in both cats and dogs because of the rare problems with mammary tumours and cancer. Anyone who is consiering this course of action should really discuss it with a qualified vet first.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Julie wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:36am:
I've been using it for nearly 2 years and the only side effects have been a lack of kittens!!!

Julie are you a person or a cat????? Cheesy

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I'd be Surprised if the locals would even spend that much on a contraception for their cats, I agree with Pondgirl, I suggest you Google PROGEVERA.
Terry.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:51am
Print Post  
"I'd be Surprised if the locals would even spend that much on a contraception for their cats, I agree with Pondgirl, I suggest you Google PROGEVERA."
Terry. 

I would be even more surprised if the locals spent that much money on their wives and girlfriends !

IP Logged

Julie
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Believe me, when you end up with 27 cats and hardly enough money to feed yourself this pill is a lifesaver. As i said, i have not heard of any side effects so far and the cats are much more likely to die or be killed by something far more horrific.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top