Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
leaking roof (Read 4330 times)
casa_de_los_ninos
Ex Member

leaking roof
Jan 6th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
i have a flat tiled roof and it has seen better days,but before i get the money together for a complete new roof,does anyone know about a reliable quick fix roof paint for now,as i have bought expensive roof repair paint from england and it has not lasted very long.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: leaking roof
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I made that same mistake myself and if you read the temps on the tin it doesnt do for our high summer temps and then it lifts and bubbles in the heat and leaks in winter or during the rainfall.
But you need to clean away the damaged area first and then paint it with red, grey , green or white SEKA. Can get it from Mayors or Ive bought the grey and the white one from Paviementos in Jesus next to Clibegas.

However,if you have a crack you would be better advised to buy a small bag of waterproof concrete before you paint over it.

Going forward it is best too recover the whole flat roof with waterproof concrete and then tile it using pool tile adhesive.

Have fun with flat roofs . I have encountered every pain possible with roof issues over the last few years.

Good luck. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

casa_de_los_ninos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 12:40am
Print Post  
thanks for your reply,im coming over in the van next month and bringing a jet wash with me,so ill wash it off and paint it with that one you said.do you remember how much it was because its a very large roof.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
I havenīt bought any this year but it is a big can and I think it was around 80 euros last time and it covers a fair bit. (amd myself as well!) Will try and find out for you.

IP Logged

casa_de_los_ninos
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
thanks

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Hola all,
          Not been out for a while and our neighbour checked the casita for us and discovered that there is a major leak on a small patch of tiled foor but enough to cause the collapse of some plasterboard from the ceiling inside - do I need to replace the tiles and then seal up with w/proof concrete and w/proof paint or is there any other way around this.
                     Thanks,
                               Brian.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Sorry should read "tiled roof" on a slight slope.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top