Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Uk plates to Spanish (Read 2146 times)
skibob
Ex Member

Uk plates to Spanish
Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to change my car over from uk reg to spanish, been told it's very complicated, Did i hear of a garage near Tortosa that does everthing. We have been here for a short while and not yet got our residentia.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Re: Uk plates to Spanish
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Miguel in Roquetes can arrange it for you, .  He did ours.  To get to his garage go towards Roquetes from the Corona roundabout in Tortosa, straight across at the next roundabout, then look for the Da Vinci bar on the right and turn right down the road next to this.  Miguel's garage is straight ahead on the right at the crossroads.

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
How much does it cost? What about uk lights on cars?

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Ours was done about 5 years ago and at that time cost about 700€.  Costs can be variable depending upon the value of the car when it was imported into the country.  No doubt it can be done cheaper but then you will need to finc a technico to give a report on the car, a gestor to do the paperwork, maybe trips to Tarragona etc.

With regard to the lights we were able to change to Spanish plates just using deflectors.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I think it can sometimes be easier/cheaper to sell the UK car in UK and buy a Spanish one here ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Our Kangoo cost about €400 to matriculate (we used somebody to cut through the red tape) plus €50 for a pair of second hand Spanish rear light clusters.The BASE didn't even know the value of probably the commonest car on the road for import tax purposes,so we exstimated it,rather well.....
(Car cost £1850 in UK,equivalent over here €4000.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top