Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 EURONA INTERNET (Read 26932 times)
Ibizatrance
Ex Member

EURONA INTERNET
Jun 16th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I have just tried the new website that has been set up for satellite internet users the new control pane. Having had this terrible service for 8 months and paying through the nose for the service only really being able to use it for less than one week a month. because of download limits.  I complained to Tooway who said that for my trouble that I would get 8gb download. On this new control panel website it says that i have used 32% of my monthly allowance but I am still cut off. I can just get emails. takes ages to open web pages cannot use BBC IPLAYER even with proxy that changes from itie to British, no utube etc.

Name      STW      Used [MB]      Threshold [MB]      Used [%]      Account Status
unlimited      1h      0.00      1000      0.00      active
unlimited      4w      2,582.00      8000      32.28      active

Client Statistics
1 Hour      
0.00%
1000/0.00
4 Hour      
0.00%
0/0
1 Day      
0.00%
0/0
1 Week      
0%
0/0
4 Week      
32.28%
8000/2,582.00
Additional data

As you can see I haven't downloaded anything in the past week.  It doe's show that they have given me 8gb.

IP Logged

brennie
Ex Member

Re: EURONA INTERNET
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:54am
Print Post  
don't worry. you can cancel it after the 12 month contract is up and go back to what you had before.  Smiley

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:17am
Print Post  
So what has TOOWAY got to do with EURONA ?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Tooway is the satellite provider that provides the equipment and own the satellite. Eurona are resellers of the Tooway service. Eurona provide two satellite services, BARSAT which is a subsidised satellite internet service that has a grant from the Catalan government and Euronasat which is Euronas own branded package. 

Both services are provided by Tooway with Eurona acting as a reseller.

Nigel

IP Logged

Stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
And the sevice is awfull. Had no internet all day yesterday. But there wont be any reduction in the bill!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Sorry but have to disagree.  Excellent service via satellite.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Snap! Neither did I nor most of today as well. What is going on? Sad

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I was seriously considering getting satellite internet, as I am tied down to Iberbanda due to situation on the mountain. BUT and a big BUT what do I do? There is also another satellite provider called Ibered.. anyone got any experience of them... I need to have a 'good' internet service as its my living

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Print Post  

Iberbanda_manager.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 7:40am
Print Post  
It's Tooway re-packaged. Exactly the same as offered by many companies, Eurona, Net2, Broadband Wherever, El Corte Ingles etc.. the list goes on but they are all Tooway.

Ebrovoice, your internet isn't satellite - there seems to have been a problem affecting a few people in this area yesterday. I think it has been sorted now.

Given theoption of WiMax (Eurona/Iberbanda) or satellite I personally would go for WiMax every time as there is around a 1 second delay on satellite due to its distance from theEarth, also due to the download restrictions.

Nigel

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 9:15am
Print Post  
We have the Tooway sattelite service as we have no option other than mobile connection(which was like dialup speeds) and I must say that we also are very happy with the service.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Fly_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Hi

Have to agree with Bruixot.

Was paying over 100 € per month ( two kids and a Facebook account to keep quiet ) for two very slow dongle type internet access.

Tooway is 1/2 the price and 10 times the speed.

OK stuck in the back woods in the shadow of a mountain, but happy

Grin

IP Logged

Ibizatrance
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I hear from you that some are satisfied with this service and others are not.  All I can say is if you want to go on Facebook or get emails it is a good service, but it would be a lot cheaper to use the normal post as I don't think that you will send €37,00 of post a month.  If you want to watch BBC IPLAYER or the like you will soon be cut off.  I have now been cut off for over a week now and I have used only 24% of my download quota. I download or watch videos on you tube.  I put a letter similar to this on Facebook and Twitter and over a 1000 people agreed with me that this system is a rip off.  If this was England they would be investigated by Don Littlewood, pity he doesn't do a rip off Spain Or Italy.  If he did then he would have to start with the salesman that sold you the contract in the first place. By the way how many of you were told by the salesman that you would have an ip address in England when they are really Italian and all your pages open in Italian and how many managed to get them to open in English?  It's nice to be able to phone up Tooway and speak to someone in English but they are not much use.  I asked why I was cut off and they said they would phone Italy and get back to me they didn't say witch century. Oh well as they say manana.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I am thinking about getting Eurona, however I am now totally confused. Ebrovoice is saying he has a problem, Nigel says he does not have satellite.?
"Given the option of WiMax (Eurona/Iberbanda) or satellite"
Nigel could you explain the difference between WiMax and satellite?
Some people are happy some are not Why is this,? is there a difference in the service or is there a difference in peoples expectations?
Could anybody tell me if  a good Skype service is possible through the Eurona service?
Thank you all!

IP Logged

Fly_Boy
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Silly Question ....

Why is anyone watching BBC TV on the Internet ?

Just get a wopping big dish ... and wind proof it ( or expensive frizby )

SKY is lovely ....

or there is locl tv

Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top