Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Spanish Mobile Phone (Read 4303 times)
Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Spanish Mobile Phone
Jul 6th, 2012 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I
We need to buy a Spanish 'pay as you go' mobile phone. Does anyone know of one which doesn't charge a fortune to phone Britain? Yes we use Skype to call our children, but neither of our elderly fathers' has a computer, and our Eurona phone also seems expensive to phone the UK.

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Re: Spanish Mobile Phone
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Check out the different SKYPE packages, we buy SKYPE credit and find the phone call prices worldwide are really cheap.  You can find out more on their website.

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Hi Hen_Fox
I pay an additional £3 a month for a uk call package on skype. This gives me a uk number and unlimited calls
to uk landlines - well worth it for me
Haze

IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Lyca Mobile and I think Lebarra SIMs have very good International Calling rates as well as being cheaper here than the main operator's PAYG deals for Spanish calls.

Quote:
I
We need to buy a Spanish 'pay as you go' mobile phone. Does anyone know of one which doesn't charge a fortune to phone Britain? Yes we use Skype to call our children, but neither of our elderly fathers' has a computer, and our Eurona phone also seems expensive to phone the UK.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I agree with HazeandAlan.  I pay about £25 per annum for the Skype service they mention.  I use it for all my UK land line personal and business calls.  I also have a UK land line number as part of the package so people in the UK can call that and it comes up on Skype.  They just pay for the UK call.  You only pay extra for premium lines and mobiles but it's not a bank breaker.  If you need to call premium numbers (0845 etc.) from time to time, you can often find a normal number on Say No to 0870 web site http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I

I thought 2.5 cents a minute to call the UK,using Eurona, was not too bad for here!  Of course,having not lived in the UK for many years,and therefore somewhat out of touch on many things concerning prices in good old blighty,i bet back home,its for nothing to ring abroad with some deals. Cry

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
I always use skype when phoning my mother on her landline in the U.K.  It works out at less than 1€ per call. I haven't bought a package, I just top up the credit from time to time.

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all that very useful information which should, hopefully, reduce our phone bills!

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I bought a Happy Movil phone/ inet dongle card on Ebay.
I think 15 Euro, 5 Euro was credit, I put 10 Euro extra credit.
It did not work with the Inet dongle so I used it as a phone card. It was used up in no time just on texts, It was charging 83cent to send a txt to Uk and 78cent to receive. Absolute rip off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top