Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
What to do with UK reg car ....? (Read 2142 times)
mitchell4
Ex Member

What to do with UK reg car ....?
Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
I am sure this problem has come up a lot, but how do you sell a UK reg car here in order to buy a Spanish reg car ??
Don't think we can face taking the car all the way back to the UK ...
Its in reasonable nick and works well but obviously doesn't have any Spanish paperwork.

Thanks in anticipation
Helen

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: What to do with UK reg car ....?
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
You wont get much for,if it's good enough,get it changed to Spanish plates.

IP Logged

Herbert
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, have sent you a PM.

IP Logged

DaneInSpain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I am sure this problem has come up a lot, but how do you sell a UK reg car here in order to buy a Spanish reg car ??
Don't think we can face taking the car all the way back to the UK ...
Its in reasonable nick and works well but obviously doesn't have any Spanish paperwork.

Thanks in anticipation
Helen

I had the same problem 2 years ago. the car was worth less than €1000, so not worth the expense to change the plates to Spanish. In addition, you can only sell a UK plate vehicle to a UK passport holder. You can however 'scrap' the vehicle, ie sell to anyone for scrap and notify of the vehicle's permanent export. As long as you notify the DVLA of this, you're covered. What they chose to do with the vehicle as Scrap is up to them. the DVLA sent me this email :[i][i]As the vehicle is going to remain in Spain please notify the export of the vehicle by completing section 11 of the V5C Registration Certificate and return to Export Section, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AG.

The remainder of the V5C can be given with the vehicle to whoever takes the vehicle from you in Spain.

Please allow up to 3- 4 weeks for the Export notification to update the DVLA record.

If you wish to have confirmation that the Export has updated the record we can do this via telephone or email request after 3- 4 weeks has elapsed.
[/i][/i]

hope this helps Shocked

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
There are folks returning to the UK who might take your car back. Or.. you could advertise it on ebay UK and offer to pick the buyer up from Reus and maybe put them up for a night. I sold a car that way.

IP Logged

Bazza

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
hi what is the carand how much are you looking for it

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top