Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Water quality from a well and general hardness of (Read 2988 times)
brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Water quality from a well and general hardness of
Dec 11th, 2012 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
...on a roll with questions today Grin
Since I mentioned that I will be brewing my own hop and malt suds I am curious as to how hard the water is in the vicinity of Ampolla? Is there a place where one can submit a water sample for testing? I'm planning on brewing only the very best beer, mediocrity can be bought at the store Cool

Alfred

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Re: Water quality from a well and general hardness of
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
The water will be very hard either from a well or the mains but I think you can take a sample to any pharmacy and they will send it off to a laboratory for a test with report for you.  (I had my well water tested before we bought the property).  I think the pharmacy will give you some sterile bottles to collect your sample.  Best ask for a price first!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Alternatively, bottled water is very cheap (about 10 cents/litre) but it appears to have some calcium in it.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Thanks for the advice  Cool; will check out both suggestions and see how much carbonates and sulfates are in the bottled water

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Where are you getting the malt and hops from?  Have spied out a couple of home brew shops in BCN but as yet haven't bought anything.   Are you going to share your recipe with us or does it contain long forgotten secret ingredients known only to a few special people?

IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Hey Colin

Initially I will bring, malt,hops and yeast from Switzerland (order in Germany) and start scouting for beer supplies here in Spain after our move...
I have quite a few recipes, nothing secret, they're all available on various brew forums in the US and in Germany.
May be we can get together sometime in May or June if brewing is something that is of interest to you, but from your post it seems you may be already an experienced hobby brewer...

Alfred

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top