Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Energy Performance Certificate (Read 10416 times)
cherryfarms
Ex Member

Re: Energy Performance Certificate
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2013 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Terry, if you need both, he will do it on one visit. He charged 200 for the cedula, so I think a good deal could be struck. good luck. Cheesy

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Energy Performance Certificate UPDATE
Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Beware of cowboys offering to do the Energy Efficiency Cetificate (EEC) cheaply and stating all or many A ratings, for you.
Anyone carrying out this work should belong to an official provincial association (colegio official) and have a member number. So check with them first.
If a scam, it will be impossible to register, get a proper certificate and you will have wasted your money.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know which houses need the EPC certificate and which do not, IF any?
I understand the certificate is valid for 10 years.
I have read that estate agents are responsible for displaying the EPC certificate along with any other details/marketing material on the property they are advertising/selling.
Also that the Public Notary will not be able to sign the deeds for the property without one, if required on that property?
Fines are up to 6.000 euros.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Rita. Yes all houses need this now at the notary for a sale to go through. ( don't think almacens need one, as not classed as a dwelling ) Also one is required if a house is rented long term or holiday let. The law is that the rating must be displayed with the property for sale, but I have to say that down here on the Costa Blanca, no agents seem to be taking any notice of that at all. Talking to agents here, they are treating it as a big joke.( even the notaries  are saying its a worthless bit of paper, never the less it is needed. Just another government bit of paper to make money from. Maybe someone getting a hefty fine will show they mean business.  Smiley

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Hope you are enjoying it down there.
Yes, I thought it was all houses that needed an EPC.
Only takes one or two people or agents to be fined, to take notice.
Same as demolishing illegal houses. It does happen, sometimes.
Remember the beautiful one on the Delta few years ago?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top