Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
trees, cutting them down , is it allowed ? (Read 3513 times)
Robo2
Ex Member

trees, cutting them down , is it allowed ?
May 8th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Hi there,
We're looking at a property with we may buy with a large amount of woodland around the house. Im wondering if its possible to cut down trees to landscape the area and maybe grow vegetables , build a swimming pool etc . What are the laws in spain and more particular Catalonia like ?
all info welcome
many thanks
ro

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Re: trees, cutting them down , is it allowed ?
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2013 at 11:09am
Print Post  
It depends on the type of trees and the designation of the land. You can find out on the Cadastral what the designation of the land is and the type of trees 'supposed' to be planted there. Next go to the adjuntament with the details and ask, they may refer you to the 'Forestals' who may come and inspect. In most cases permission is given or may not be needed. Having said that, we bought a property where the previous owners had cut down a hectare of olives and were find '000s of euros and told to replant. Best to be sure... Your estate agent should help. Ask Maxine in Perello Properties if you are in that area.

IP Logged

coldalba
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
As a guide to the Forestale rules search the forum for this summary from last year "Notes on the Forestale (permissions and fires)"
I found them happy to visit and advise
Good luck

IP Logged

Robo2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys
I actually spoke to an architect and he said that it was ok as long as you planted 2 for every 1 cut down.
Sounds reasonable to me !
I will make the extera checks tho thanks again

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks guys
I actually spoke to an architect and he said that it was ok as long as you planted 2 for every 1 cut down.
Sounds reasonable to me !
I will make the extera checks tho thanks again

WOT????     Be careful.    It may very much depend what where and why.   Speak to a guy Marc in l'Ampolla.  He is a gestor agricola (or similar) and can look into every law they've written and knows the ones they are going to write.  Try Marc on 658 775 280 or his multi lingual business partner Peter on 673 688 347.  They're honest and reasonable.  Quote me Colin as an intro if you wish.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Colin have just sent you a PM   Rob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top