Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Builders and costs (Read 4250 times)
Robo2
Ex Member

Builders and costs
May 15th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
Im wondering how to get a rough calculation about buildng costs. I know it will depend on what standard we want etc and the previous posts are from befor the crisis..
so..
before we get in a builder to cost the job can I getr a rough estimate per m2 ?
or how does it work ?
thanks in advance
ro

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Re: Builders and costs
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
You will find a lot of the builders over here, Spanish and English charge per hour, for as long as it takes.
It is very frustrating when trying to estimate costs.
Sometimes you can get lucky for some jobs and they will give you a quote for the job.
Perhaps you should also let people know what kind of work you are looking at, building new house, tiling, reform etc.
Good Luck

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2013 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
work on €3-400 / m2 if you're doing it yourself,you could triple that with a builders premium and wages.All depends on the level of finish and if you're off grid.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2013 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
We had a house built last year.  All the quotes we had were for the completed job and didn't cost us anything.  can't see the down side to asking for a quote personally.

IP Logged

Robo2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2013 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Thanks guys,
its actually for a property we are thinking of buying ,it will need to be reformed and the costs are important to know if we want to make an offer.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
You could still ask builders to quote for the reformation works because they will have different costs than a new build. 

I'm sure it goes without saying that you need to be 100% certain (if there's such a thing) that any reforms you want to carry out are legal/allowed.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2013 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Ring Peter (multilingual) on 673688347 and ask him to help you reach Diego (Spanish only) for a quote. 

These guys are totally honest and will give you an accurate idea of what you need and the prices.  Peter will also guide you to a new cadastral and cedula;  do not doubt their abilities and honesty.  Quote me as an intro if you wish (Colin).

IP Logged

Robo2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2013 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info.
will deffo check it out !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top