Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Ryanair masters of the universe (Read 9453 times)
Smidge
Ex Member

Ryanair masters of the universe
Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Ryanair masters of the universe
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Well just booked again and for third time in last couple of years and Jet 2 beat Ryan-air for price, and then there's the 22kg allowance, but this time they don't let you know your seat position until you check in trying desperate to get a extra fiver  each way, that,s new.
I think O Leary might have had his day ? big shame.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Phil, I think someone buying 10Bn. worth of new kit at dirt cheap prices has far from "met his day" but I agree with you if I could find any other that could beat him on price and reliability I would use them in a heart beat.  Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Programme on about budjet airlines,thursday,BBC2, 10.00 our time I think.Could be good viewing.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
well I m like the rest if he does not drop his prices to match/better other,s why go with them ? I sorry but I haven't got any loyalty to any of them.
By the way Ian  I take it your still able to get a satellite single or are you watching it on the net ?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 8:41am
Print Post  
I buy our flights back to the UK solely on price.  So far Ryanair have always been cheapest.  Jet2 don't fly to or from the South of England, we would have to fly to Manchester and then spend a fortune getting to our destination.  If they start flying from somewhere more convenient I'd check them out like a shot.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Ryanair Cork to Reus 92e return booked 4 weeks ago, mid July til end of July. I'm happy with that, always watching the flights as I know way in advance when I can get out and I'm lucky not to be tied to set dates within reason. My opinion is Ryanair get you from a to b for a price, the same as petrol, a to b, just buy it at the cheapest station. Smiley

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
cant fault Ryanair, reus to Liverpool and visa versa done it about 6 times in the last 12 months always on time never had a problem, if you try to cheat by taking cabin bags that are bigger than stipulated then you will get charged but that's not ryanairs fault

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Cant beat the guy for price and he's always on time.Or so he says.You pay for cattle class,that's what you get.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
We went from Reus to Leeds to see grandkids, then down to Exmouth to see mates, then to Suffolk for more grandkids and flew back from Stansted. We go back later in the year to Stansted, to see grandkids in Suffolk. Then down to Exmouth. We could fly to Bristol, Luton or even Bham and East Mid , but times not right for us. 8 days car hire £112 through Hertz,/ Ryanair, not bad. Lets see Jet2 match that for convience. Going to barca is a no-no as far as I'm concerned. Smiley

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
More good news from Ryanair ( if you are a shareholder)  Smiley

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-shareholders-to-receive-1bn-in-...

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
I cannot remember exactly Cheesy but I have paid £124 inc a bag of 22kg from Leeds/Brad to El prat ,If I had pulled my finger out, it would have been £108 if i had booked a couple of days earlier Angry
Ryan air were around the £150 mark and that was with the 15 kg, granted these flight are from Leeds/Bradford not the cheepo airports"Stansted etc...." but LBA is less than a hour away and no car parking to add to cost.
By the way not much but got £1.30  back on Quidco  for booking with Jet 2, and also if it tracks 14% off the car hire price again using the Quidco site.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Definition of copper wire............2 Yorkshiremen argueing over a penny

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Yeh I get your drift Ian it,s been noted that I am tighter than the average person,LOL!!!!! is it just a Yorkshire trait ? Huh

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
El Prat is 100km further on for us and the parking there is expensive.  Add on for the extra fuel  plus tolls if you don't want to be stuck in the permanent traffic jam on the E15 or whatever it's called and you are adding a lot of euros.

Phil, you can do Ryanair  Leeds/Bradford to Reus return in October with a 20kg bag for £119.98 today.

I really don't think that Ryanair have had their day, certainly not for passsengers going to/from the South of England and Reus.  You can choose from Bristol (very cheap car hire), Birmingham (station at the airport), Luton and Stanstead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top