Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tv transmitters (Read 3519 times)
artworkings
Ex Member

Tv transmitters
Oct 30th, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Hi

Anyone know where the terrestrial tv transmitters are physically located around here please - for El Perello/Burgar Valley

Cheers

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Tv transmitters
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Hah! Good luck - there is Little or no signal in the Burgar (I have a meter to test and know it's pretty poor). If you are lucky you might get something depending on where you are but most likely only a couple of channels.

Point the aerial in horizontal polarity at Rasquera or El Perello - in the valley there are no transmitters.

If you get nothing then the only option is by satellite either paid with Canal + or with a special authorized box from the Generalitat (around 180 euros).

IP Logged

artworkings
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Hi Nigel - I am pretty sure that the previous owners had an antenna pointing up the valley - mast head amps any use. Really just want spanish tv....

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:57am
Print Post  
I was staying in the Tortosa Parc a few weeks ago and they have a great selection of TV stations  which a far amount I was able to change settings on TV to turn back to English (thanks Nobrot) , Discovery max etc.... just wondered are these channels on terrestrial in Spain like freeview in UK or are they from a sky/canal? box if so what box /system is needed to get the free stations ?
Thanks Wink

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
They are possibly terrestrial channels Discovery MAX certainly is. To receive them depends on where tou are. In the Burgar good luck! on the outskirts of El Perello there are several dead spots. If you can see the aerials above Tortosa, on Mt. Caro, El Perello or Mora then you'll probably be ok. Tortosa (Coll Redo) - vertical polarization, the rest I think are horizontal.

Check out the channels here: http://www.tdt1.com/canales-tarragona/
Check out theoretical coverage here: http://www10.gencat.net/gov_ctweb/AppJava/cercador.jsp

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
I can point my antenna towards Reus or Barcelona and pick up a multitude of channels from both transmitters on free to air digital using  a usb tuner stick and Blaze HDTV program on my laptop. Picture quality is superb from both. It also gives me the ability to select the original English language audio stream for all programs/films originally made with English soundtracks; perfect for Paramount, Disney, Discovery Max, and all the dubbed programs! Best of all, I can take it with me anywhere. It lets you retune for all available digital and analogue channels regardless of where you are or which country you are in. I'm getting a DVBS tuner next so I can get the satellite channels as well without need for a satellite receiver  - just need a decent dish  antenna.

John
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:35pm by »  

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Thanks both for your help my new donkey shed is just below Mt caro and can just about see the mast, s so I think I should be good for a desent signal , still in time I think I will be knocking on your door Nigel for 1 of your 1.9 dishes.
any suggestion for a good app  for Android tablets for TV appreciated.
Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top