Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Saveged cat (Read 7837 times)
skibob
Ex Member

Saveged cat
Jan 25th, 2014 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Sad to say that we have joined the growing  list of  bereaved pet owners; having tonight buried our beloved cat Frankie.

We came back from taking our  dogs on the beach to be greeted with the savaged body of our pet cat and  BLOODIED Hunters' dogs running wildly all over our property. l saw  two hunters in high vis. jackets and their pack of dogs.( 8 - 10  at least ) in the far distance; too far away to shout at

We reported it to the Police who gave us the usual shrug of the shoulder.   

Don't say it is a Spanish custom and we should respect it.
The dogs have no nationality. lt is the owners who are at fault. ( Welcome to Spain )
lt cannot be right to have uncontrolled packs of dogs roaming our land.
Thank god it was "only" a pet cat and not a small child on our sun terrace.

l thought that l had got rid of the hunters from our terraces. sadly not.!!!  l am sad to say that l am now  more committed to the band of anti hunters.

Woe betide any hunters that dare to come on My property again.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Saveged cat
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Sorry to hear about your poor cat.
How awful, for you to find it like that.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
oh my god the poor cat  Cry sorry for your loss skibob  Sad

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Yes I am also deeply sorry for your loss, we have a 3 legged cat that,s been in our family for 12 years ,and i would have been devastated.
something must be done ,I know this is there country etc.... but this is animal cruelty Angry

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 9:04am
Print Post  
We worry about our cats, as a neighbour puts down poison and traps aswell.
Many cats, and also a couple of dogs, have gone missing around here.

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
skibob,
you should have caught up with the dogs and clubbed them with whatever you could grab that was heavy ,a tree branch, rock something like that , i would have tracked them and finished them off, Angry
the owners would have had to pay paid attention then,they wouldnt be so keen to wander on your property again, spain or not ,hunting dogs should be under control !

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
skibob,
you should have caught up with the dogs and clubbed them with whatever you could grab that was heavy ,a tree branch, rock something like that , i would have tracked them and finished them off, Angry
the owners would have had to pay paid attention then,they wouldnt be so keen to wander on your property again, spain or not ,hunting dogs should be under control !

Wouldn't that bring him down to their level?
It's nots the dogs that are at fault!

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Cactus,your not suggesting clubbing the Hunters?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your thoughts and sympathies.
  l would have done more than club the Hunters if l had got hold of them.  Angry

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Really sorry to hear about this.  Have you got 'No hunting' signs around your property?

IP Logged

Pip
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 11:47am
Print Post  
You may be interested to learn:
"...Hunters need a medical certificate obtainable from special clinics ( Centros de Reconocimento Médico para Conductores y Armas todas las Categorías), a firearms permit ( permiso de armas) and third party insurance. Guns must be broken and bagged when transported on public land and they may not be used within 500m (1,600ft) of a house or in any urban zone (often ignored)..." see link:

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Articles/Travel-Leisure/Hunting-in-Spain

and also found in

http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/exclusive/hunting_in_spain_what_are_the_rules....

In the Gencat site there is also this:

"....In order to be able to hunt legally, [i]in addition to a license, the hunter must have permission from the owner of the property on which they are hunting[/i] in the case of private hunting areas, and a specific permit is required for hunting in national hunting reserves or controlled hunting areas..."
Plus they must have a seperate licence to hunt with dogs - see link:

http://www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/OVT/menuitem.8d9f3f7e23c1cd519e629e30b0c0e1a...

There is some more information here on hunting:

http://www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/DAR/menuitem.8ea90a68a0f0f53053b88e10b031e1a...

Plus if you want to check out the hunting law of 1970:

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Admin/l1-1970.html

Perhaps if you wish to check out more on your rights the Spanish federation of Hunting may help:

http://www.fecaza.com/caza/leyes-de-caza.html#.UujbwrRwbIU

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that PiP. very interesting.
l haven't got signs up but we will put them up now.

IP Logged

garciaange
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
sorry to hear about your cat - found mine dead a couple of months ago but no obvious wounds on it so could have been snake/large birds (am up in the mountains eagle point) but my point is that there will only be one hunting club allowed in your area and you can report it to them to make their members aware - my local club keep clear of my place now mainly due to my own dogs objecting but that also safeguards my remaining cat - the brother of the other one  Angry

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info Garciaange. We reported it to our neighbour who is a Mossa and that was that. Did hear that a dog was killed just a little way up the mountain the same day. Sounds like someone has a pack of new dogs.
Heard them up the mountain last Sunday but after giving them a blast from my hunting horns they packed up and went home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top