Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Work (Read 12651 times)
SeanMichael123
Ex Member

Work
Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hello, I have just joined this forum so hello everyone! I am just wondering if there is any advice you guys could offer me on the work situation in Tortosa? Having been online looking for work before I move there on Tuesday, I know there is bits and peices around, mostly in sales in the next town so it seems. But my question is in regards to the difficulty of being employed in Tortosa, how likely it is. As I understand the employment situation all over Spain is not too great at present. I'm 22 years old and would be up for doing any kind of work that comes my way so does anybody have any advice? Thank you very much  Smiley

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Work
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum.

http://www.expatica.com/es/employment/employment_information/How-to-apply-for-a-...

You only give scant details ie if you speak the language. Are of Spanish decent/Qualified in a skill etc.Even People born here can not find work. The only work worth having really is a job with a contract in order you pay into and get things out of "The System" The average cost of that is about 250 euro a month. Cash in hand jobs are not worth the trouble a lot of it goes on but it is on the decline.You leave yourself open to exploitation The contract also opens up other avenues ie buying a car/Bank loans/Rent property etc.There is a lot of info on the internet have a look at the site above but most will tell your unless you have money behind you do not come here thinking you will slot straight into a job It will not happen unless your uncle owns the company bla bla. Anyway good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for, You have the rest of your life it may be the best move you ever make. 

And always remember mummy will still have your room in the UK ready if it all goes thrupenny bits up

Undecided

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Work legally or illegally or for a company?

To work for a company you will almost certainly find it imposible if you don't speak Spanish. Few companies offer permanent contracts either as this exposes them to employment laws and social security payments etc. that they don't want to pay.

Legally - what skills do you have? You will need to register as 'Autonomo' (self employed) and pay 261.84 per month. You will need to find clients for whatever you have to offer. There are very few places to advertise in English to the UK residents (here is one of the very few).

Illegally - again you will need customers. You will not be able to set up trade accounts with providers so will not get good prices for materials.

Good luck with whatever direction you choose to persue. It's great living here.

IP Logged

SeanMichael123
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys! This is really a great help to me to know these things so I really appreciate it Smiley @Bunter unfortunately my mother already lives in Tortosa haha, hense one of the reasons for me going there. England just isn't for me anymore. Thank you for that website link also. @Nigel I imagine that the 261.84 euros a month is like our tax payments for being self employed over here is it? Or would you have to pay a percentage out of what you earn on top of the 261.84?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 2:52am
Print Post  
The 261 Euro a month is the same as National insurance in the UK.http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/basics.htm and this pays for your Social Security/Health cover/Old age pension etc You pay this if you are self employed.You declare your tax either monthly or quarterly.That sum in Spain is the flat rate.There is a range of payments depending on earnings as the self employed have differing earnings each month throughout the year.You pay each month within a given range.There are tight controls on the self employed as you can imagine this subject is a minefield and you really need an accountant if you are going in that direction. Have a look at the tax in Spain web site http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.internet/en_gb/Inicio.shtml for fuller details and advice. Also if you have left your little Pied a Terre overlooking the Thames in London which you are renting out whilst in Spain Will all come under your "Global" income and you pay tax or certainly have to declare this income even if you have paid tax on it in the UK. If you are an employee you pay about 6%-8% of your salary instead of the 261 Euro.You also have to pay income tax on your earnings remember as in the UK there are levels of tax pro rata to your level of earnings.These are stopped at source by your employer every week/month. At the end of the year you make a tax declaration and if you have paid too much tax they will refund you.If you have paid too little you cough up the extra. Try this BBVA Bank tax calculator http://www.bbvacontuempresa.es/herramientas/calculadora-sueldo-neto Retribución dineraria is your annual wage.For full details and advice. A tax lawyer/Accountant for a small fee (35 Euro) will do it for you as there are a number of matters you can claim for against tax which will bring your bill down. Here is a guide to World taxes have a look at Spain.
http://www.pkf.com/media/1958999/spain%20pkf%20tax%20guide%202013.pdf

Here is another guide updated 24th Feb so should give you a rough idea.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_Spain. I know you asked a simple question but you can glean whatever from the attached and discard which does not apply to you. With regards Night clubs and the location of all the talent I suggest you ask a younger member of the forum.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Was it Large Fries with that ????

McDonalds_Tortosa.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Before you throw yourself under the wheels of the labour market you will need an NEI number which in short is your tax number and stays with you forever.

Other forum post...
skibob   Offline
Once a Marine Allways
a Marine
overlooking Tortosa

Just got our Residencia at Reus Police Station. Smiley   One of the easiest things we have done out here. Never mind getting up at 5.00am to queue in Tortosa and  put your name on a piece of paper. only to find when they open the doors at 8.00am (some times not start work till 11.00am) there are 20odd people in front of you ( where did they came from) and as they only process 20 per day your out of luck.  We have heard all the stories concerning the office in Tortosa that's why we went to Reus.

We got there at 10.45. Parked in the underground car park next door.   Spent 15min processing our paper work by a lady who spoke excellent English  then sent us to the Post Office next door to photo copy our Nota-Simply and the bank to pay our 21 euros ( 2 of us). Had a coffee then went back at 11.30 to do the rest of the process.
Never mind one of my bits of paper work being out of date; that was no problem she told us.  Plus having the old NIE still no problem. She even offered  to do some photo coping for us.
We came out at 12.10 with our Residencia. What a result. All done with a pleasant smile.  She said they were well aware of the problems at Tortosa.

Paper work you will need.

Escuirtura.     (Did not bother with our Cedula)
Nota simply.    ( 2 copies) another easy job at the tax office in Tortosa.
Passports.   ( 2 copies)
EHIC.   ( 1 copy)
S1 form.   (2 copies )
NIE.   (2 copies) Ours were out of date!!
Statement from your bank to say you have more than 6000euros for one person and 8500 for 2 people. But she said they were not required as we had an Escuirtura( Owner of a property ) and we were getting a pension from the UK.

So there you have it from the horses mouth. Cool Cool

Details below with more advice.

Mummy will still have your room then eh   Cool Cool Cool

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_6/index.htm

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Hi what is a nota simple? And the form s1? Where do you get it?
Angela and John

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Form Si is for healthcare in Spain.......

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-in-spain

Nota Simple is.......

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/legal/what-is-a-nota-simple-and-how-do-you...

The Notary is .......Not all countries have a notary to verify documents as they do in Spain. Here the Spanish notary is a very much respected individual whose office carries a clearly recognised ‘Notary’ sign and who trains for several additional years to qualify for the title. Most people associate the notary with Spanish power of attorney but their activities go much further than that.

The notary is a professional within the Spanish law system and his/ her main function is to certify Spanish documents ensuring that private agreements fulfil certain legal criteria. The Spanish notary is involved in legalising agreements and contracts and uses a stamp and signature to endorse them.

The main difference between a Lawyer and a Notary is that the Lawyer deals with private documents such as contracts and might represent a client, for example in a law-suit. A notary, on the other hand, brings a document into the public domain.

The notary has a strict code to abide by and the Law for Notaries defines his function and the extent of his or her authority. The notary is qualified to a very high level and must pass some very strict exams to achieve this status. They must study initially for five years at University to obtain their lawyers’ degree. They then pass an additional competitive examination which requires, on average, another three to five years of preparation.

The role of the notary includes:

Advising parties of the formalities and procedures involved
    Drafting the required documents
    Certifying publicly the facts, acts and agreements that take place in front of him/ her

In the majority of cases individuals can choose their notary, although the notary can only act within his/her own district. The number of Notary offices within each town depends upon the population and the actual placing of the office itself.

Why do you need a notary?

Notaries are an important regulator who can guarantee that the documentation in Spain is correct and would be considered authentic and proven in court. Any document that needs to be entered in a registry, such as the land registry has to be signed in front of the Notary.

Documents that can be signed before a notary include:

Marital status documents
    Last wills and testaments
    Marriage settlements
    General contracts and agreements
    Inheritance declarations and requests from heirs
    The foundation, modification and separation of companies and partnerships
    Loans, mortgages and other debts
    Acquittals and the discharge of obligations
    Any kind of power of attorney
    Declaration of heirs where there is no will
    Any kind of declaration or statement

https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-spain

Don Pedro Francisco Carpena Sofio  (Notary)
Teodoro González 3
43500 Tortosa
España

+34 977446630

+34 977446406

pfcarpena@correonotarial.org
Language(s) spoken
English, Spanish
Language(s) to authenticate
Spanish
Office hours
16/06-15/09 09:30-14:00 ,16/09-15/06 09:30-14:00 16:30-19:00