Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Fires (Read 7800 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Fires
Jul 21st, 2014 at 11:41am
Print Post  
There are more fires raging throughout Spain.
Some local fires aswell.
An area in Peniscola is bad and residents have been  moved from their homes.
One in Jesus, Tortosa area yesterday. Water planes and helicopter were out.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Fires
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Last year Mr Englishhhhhh caused a major fire having left it unattended.The result was that Planes, Helicopters and a rather large force of men and women had to put the thing out. He was arrested bundled off to Court which in turn resulted in a £40,000 Euro fine. I would be surprised if the court gets a dime  Angry Just remember these sudden breezes can whip up a small bonfire into an inferno in seconds they are also illegal at this time of the year.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Umm!
Our neighbour had a bonfire by the side of our fence a few weeks ago. Illegally.
When we spoke to her in our 'best' Spanish, she told us that she didn't understand us. Then she said it was 'only' a little fire, anyway!
Obviously no danger seen, once again.

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Our Spanish neighbours had a large bonfire on Saturday from 7pm until after midnight! I'm not sure if they are just stupid or completely mad.  I think they are totally irresponsible.
Tom & Mo

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I'd have called out the bombers.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
We have often thought of calling out Bombers, when these people light fires when licenses have finished, or at weekends, Fiesta days etc.
But we have been told that the person who calls the Bombers out is charged 1,000 euros per vehicle!
Not sure if this is true or not?

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
I would think Rita,that the charge maybe employed to stop crank or false calls? or maybe if the Bombers attend & when they get their the fire is out? Surely the powers that be would not want people thinking twice before getting the fire brigade out?  But hey this is Spain after all.   Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
I don't see how you could possibly be fined for calling them out when there is a fire if you genuinely think that it is dangerous,  and it would be difficult for it not to be in these hot and windy conditions.

IP Logged

Snowhitsky
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I believe you can be charged if you need to be rescued as a result of your own carelessness. As for fires, I'm not sure but I would expect time-wasters would be fined heavily.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
You can be fined if the bombers are called out to a fire that is being burned without a licence too.  I have been told that you have to pay the cost of the call out but I don't know if that's true.  Remember that there are rules about bbq's in the campo as well.

The reason that licences aren't granted between July and October is because it's too flipping dangerous to have a fire, so just don't have one.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
How many people take any notice, or in fact have any license in the first place.

IP Logged

Oenz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You can be fined if the bombers are called out to a fire that is being burned without a licence too.  I have been told that you have to pay the cost of the call out but I don't know if that's true.  Remember that there are rules about bbq's in the campo as well.

The reason that licences aren't granted between July and October is because it's too flipping dangerous to have a fire, so just don't have one. 

Do you know if I'm allowed to use a charcoal bbq on my finca in the summer? I'm thinking of building a brick bbq outside on the patio next to the house. Prior to buying a property, we rented different properties in the summer months which had outdoor charcoal bbq's.

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:

This - it is not too difficult to understand.

Brick built BBQ's 'should' have a chimney on them so that sparks do not go flying everywhere, according to a friendly 'urbano' I once asked.

Makes sense to me.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

hivi
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
If in doubt about illegal fires or the time tha t they are burning call your local police.they will be able to help you and they would not charge you any money

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:44am
Print Post  
As far as I understand you can BBQ etc as long as the chimney is fitted with a spark arrestor.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top