Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Aren't our Policemen Wonderful? (Read 5187 times)
PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Aren't our Policemen Wonderful?
Aug 2nd, 2014 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Coming off the A7 at the Salou / Airport kunction the slip road rises to a peak and then falls down to the the roundabout a few hundred metres further on. Were anyone distracted by perhaps, texting, reading a novel or writing their memiores, they may fail to notice the impending requirement to give way.
With great foresight, our great leader(s) have foreseen this and changed the speed limit from 120km to 70km at the highest point.
Should there then, be any obstruction, such as a mobile speed  camera concealed just over the hill then all will be well as all will have reduced their speed in good time. How great is our leader to care for us in this way. May he live forever.
I, of course, was not in danger of exceeding the speed limit as the queue caused by closing a lane for the camera and police cars backed well onto the motorway. Such foiresight!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: Aren't our Policemen Wonderful?
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
It's called driving!! Pay attention and don't speed!!! No problem. Just because you've been down that road umpteen times before and no policemen, doesn't mean that there are no police there now! If the speed limits are chNged then read the signs and obey the new limits.
Break the law expect the worst
My opinion

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 5:45am
Print Post  
The Police of course know that the vehicles will be reduced to a trickle they can then view your windscreen re ITV...Lack of UK tax yawn... And be able to shove a couple of rounds through your windscreen should you decide to play dirty.In other words the vehicles are to a certain extent under their control instead of zipping past. Even at 70 an out of date ITV or noting of the vehicles occupants is much easier at 5-10 km an hour so I think they are not as stupid as people make out.

tortosa_yawn.jpg ( 9 KB | 170 Downloads )
tortosa_yawn.jpg

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Whatever the law, it's a bit stupid making traffic back up onto the motorway I'd have thought.  My opinion.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Traffic backing up on any motorway increases the chance of an accident! can not be a good thing.  Cry

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Not as bad as dear old england, we have a 3 lane duel carridge way going into liverpool called scotland road its all 30 m.p.h. not a warning sign with in 1.5 miles we have the permanent speed camera then they park a van up at the side  of the 3 lanes with cameras in the back it must be making millions of pounds in revenue,  last time I got caught I was doing 33 m.p.h. at 5.30 in the morning which got me a £70 fine and half a day in the bad drivers school what a rip off this time it was 38 m.p.h and a £100 fine with 3 points

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Ah, Liverpool. The only city in the world where JD Sports has an evening-wear department.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

plazzy_Scousers.jpg ( 16 KB | 163 Downloads )
plazzy_Scousers.jpg

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
[quote author=61667764777E120 link=1407016457/1#1 date=1407016945]It's called driving!! Pay attention and don't speed!!! No problem. Just because you've been down that road umpteen times before and no policemen, doesn't mean that there are no police there now! If the speed limits are chNged then read the signs and obey the new limits.
Break the law expect the worst
My opinion[/quote]
Wise words indeed. From an ex courier with a Honda Goldwing. ;)

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Robo you are having bad luck, did I not see you blowing in a bag at a police road block outside L,Ampolla one Sunday afternoon recently. At least you were not lined up along the side of the road with the law breakers. Wink

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I very rarley break the law, ive been done 4 times for speeding in my life and breathalysed twice both times in spain both unavoidable spot checks ive never been over the limit, when you consider I regularly did 1200 miles a week when I was working most of them business miles, its not a bad record, but its very hard to stick to 30 m.p.h. when going downhill on a 3 lane duel caridgeway specially set up to fool motorists and gain millions in revenue

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Well said Robo.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top