Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Jet 2 (Read 4475 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Jet 2
Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Jet 2 about to sign a deal to use Castellon Airport?

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Re: Jet 2
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Tell us more...

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Manana, maybe?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 7:50am
Print Post  
I wonder would this airport be closer to Tortosa than Barcelona El Prat ?I have a friend who works for Jet2 will ask him if he knows anything.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Just a little further distance, time, than Reus airport, from Tortosa.
Nearer than Barcelona airport, and cheaper in tolls aswell.

IP Logged

Herbert
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Castellon Airport is just off the CV10 behind Alcossebre. You turn off left, if heading in Valencia direction.
If you go on the AP7 you need to come off at Alcossebre J44 on to  N340 and turn up in land 10 mins well signposted.
It has been sold to a Canadian company that operate small Airports like Malta Airport
etc.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks both sounds good news, I will ask if he has heard anything  the next time I see him. I wonder  which hire car companies will be operating from there ? 
Drove down as far as a big shopping center were Primark was/is, cannot remember town but was in that direction ? Smiley

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
The Jet2 flights may take a little time to come to fruition  Roll Eyes

Jet2 Airlines is reportedly close to signing a deal agreeing to establish routes between the UK and Castellon Airport.

The question of the airline being linked to the airport was put to Max Buch, the Regional Minister for Economy, Industry and Tourism, to which he replied "this and other Airports".

The Airline has previously expressed an interest at the facility, however recent developments regarding the obtaining of licenses and promotion of the Castellon province at the London Tourism Expo have renewed the company's appetite for serving the northern-Valencia region.

The UK accounted for 37,811 visitor room-nights in the province during August - up 35% on the same period last year - and coming 3rd on the list of visitors by nationality after France and Portugal.

A report by the National Ministry of Tourism has also confirmed the UK's growing interest in the province, with the number of tourists coming to Castellon also up by 35% for the year to date, compared to the same period in 2013. This compared with the Valencia region as a whole seeing an increase of 6.3%, and the province of Alicante seeing an increase of 2.6%.

However, just 1% of all visitors to the region of Valencia ventured into the Castellon province.

At the moment Jet2 only serves the region of Valencia through Alicante-Elche airport, where it served 258,901 passengers in 2012 from Belfast, Blackpool, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle.

The website of Jet2 currently makes no reference to any intention to fly to either Castellon or Corvera Airports.

Taken from below printed 18th Oct 2014.

http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/9530-jet2-linked-to-castellon-airport.html

IP Logged

Herbert
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Primark is in the El Saler shopping Complex in Castellon J46 AP7 North and J47 South. That is quite a bit further on from the Airport but yes in that direction. It is only about 35/40 mins drive on the N340 from Vinaros to the Airport.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I don't think Jet 2 or anybody else will be flying out of Blackpool airport.  It has just been put in liquidation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top