Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tow Hitch (Read 1689 times)
Malcolm
Ex Member

Tow Hitch
Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:23am
Print Post  
I am sure this must have come up before but I couldn't find anything with a search.
It concerns the issue of fitting a tow hitch and I think I understand the legal requirements which means it seems that it is not something I am allowed to do myself.
Does anyone have any experience of this minefield and can recommend somewhere to get it done here.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Tow Hitch
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
It is a typical Spanish paperwork and beurocratic mess.

Basically, no you can't fit your own. It has to be fitted by a garage and a certificate completed and signed/stamped. You then need to take the vehicle, the certificate and the fitting instructions to the ITV centre where they will relieve you of some money, do a check and then add the towbar to the 'Ficha tecnica' of the vehicle.

If you fit it yourself or don't get it authorised then your vehicle will fail its ITV.

Best place to get it done - a franchise of the make of vehicle.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Re: Tow Hitch
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
How do you get on if like my tow hitch, it forms part of the chassis and CANNOT be removed. It was made by the manufacturer but is not a standard fitting (as in not fitted to all vehicles) and a certificate cannot be obtained. I'm thinking of matriculation and this is the situation I'm in.

John.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top