Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Red Diesel sol debre? (Read 3974 times)
Sam
Ex Member

Red Diesel sol debre?
Feb 27th, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Anyone know where to get off road diesel? I think they got it in a pump outside soldebre where you get the bulk water but looks like you may need a special card? any advise appreciated.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Red Diesel sol debre?
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
They sell it at the Repsol garage on the roundabout where the Corona hotel is. Gasoil B.
I think you need a card to be able to buy it though. I do remember someone telling me you could get a card from La Caixa bank.

Anyone else know anything about this??

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
You do indeed need a card. In my experience,which is many years old, some banks make you jump through all sorts of hoops and others say no problem and issue one straight away. The card draws debit fashion directly from your account. There's a small annual charge for the card. Not all stations stock red diesel(gasoil b) the independents in rural areas are more likely too. Just go into your bank and enquire. Good luck.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Sam
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Cheers guys, If i get a chance i will pop into my bank when im over and try and get one, will update how i get on incase anyone else is interested  Smiley

IP Logged

PaulH

the hills are alive

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
La Caixa charge 15€ a year for the card & red is about 21% cheaper, say 25cents per litre, that means you have to buy at least 60 litres to begin saving. The process to get the card is time consuming & confusing too, a trip to the Agencia Tributaria in Tortosa to declare something.
Paul

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
La Caixa was one of the banks with lots of hoops. I'm currently with Catalunya Caixa and they had no hoops and I'm not paying anywhere near €15 a year for the card either. The other hoopful bank was BBVA but they've just recently acquired Catalunya Caixa so I can't guarantee they won't be bureaucracy mad now too.
On a side note the Post Office is doing a free account that I'll be looking into soon. I'll be wanting a red diesel card there too.

IP Logged

Sam
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Oh no im with La Caixa! I may still give it a go when i'm over but if theres too many hoops i wont bother, i dont go through tons of diesel but enough to make it worth while paying 15E a year. cheers guys

IP Logged

cazntony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
My bank is la caixa and I went in was given one with no hoops or problems. Took me 10 mins. My branch is Mora d'ebre. Don't know if other branches are more officious.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
I paid 15 Euro for one of those cards from La Caxia but its been rejected every time I have tried to use it, do not know why.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top