Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Answer wanted Filmon viewing? (Read 15640 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: Answer wanted Filmon viewing?
Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Pat, Which box ?  Loads available.  Browse here:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=kodi+box&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&h...
You're probably best going for one that's "Pre Loaded" as setting them up can be complicated (but do-able).  You might want to get a mini keyboard to go with it as well.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Internet speed is very important with these boxes. If you are with ebrocom you can get 20mbs speed however at the moment I can only get 3mbs with Iberbanda as Ebrocom have no coverage in my area yet.I can only watch most things in SD which is dvd quality however for HD you need a fast internet connection which will give you a high quality picture with no buffering. If you have less than 3mbs apart from netflix which will run on 2mbs and filmon you may as well forget it as the buffering will drive you mad. Go on youtube and watch a few demos of the various boxes and see them working.It is a vast medium and great fun as there are hundreds of varients re showing films and tv.There are a lot of very clever men and women out there, who gives us all this for free. God bless em.  Smiley

My box is below

www.cloudsto.com/products/android-mini-pc-s/new-rikomagic-mk80-plus-octa-core-al...

When you have decided which box is for you it needs either a mini keyboard as suggested or an air mouse which is like a remote with a screen pointer/remote on one side and keyboard on the other.The basic remote that comes with all these boxes is not up to the job as in short these boxes apart from running films act like a mini pc for you television ie have a browser and word etc so as with a desktop pc a keyboard is required.

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Thanks again, I am with Eurona & get just under the 3, It has been slow & they do say they will come & do something one day.  I don't suppose Ebre will be out here in Riumar but I will check.  Filmon works fine at present except this turquoise/pink Sony tv picture that just happens after watching a bit & I see on Google this does happen & it is the HD cable, mine only lasted a year, is there a better one? I bet mine is Chinese!  Pat

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Pat invest in a good cable. Buy one on ebay if you do a little research first, You will then find one on there.

Re your telly programs in respect of English TV. Why not try the site below it all worked a few minutes ago when I tried it great picture for standard output.Also at the bottom you have your radio channels from the BBC. It's simple just click on the logo for the channel you want to watch and there you are.It's all Filmon but much easier  Smiley Appears not to work if you use an Opera browser but is fine with chrome. It just seems to give a better filmon picture so worth a try.

http://live.camposat.tv/

Or why not try...

https://www.mobdro.com/

The above mobdro is fantastic just download the small app from the website and away you go all the UK and USA telly together with loads from around the world for free.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2015 at 6:33am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:55am
Print Post  
I'll try these 2 sites.  I bought a new cable & the same wierd color comes & goes! Looks like a color negative to me as colors reversed. The normal color stays say for 10 mins. then so many mins. of wierd then back to normal again, odd! The old cable took nearly a year for this to happen but does not alternate the new immediately. I have bought a dear one on Ebay but I'm having to get my daughter to send it soon. I have a feeling it is a communication problem in my computer as it is a new problem & only happened since cleaning it when I lost tabs whatever they are!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #20 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Can you clarify if you only get the colour problems on the TV connected to the PC or do you also get it when the PC is outputting to a normal monitor. ?  Was wondering if your graphics card might be the problem.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #21 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Pat

This could be as Bigyin has said be your graphics card or the drivers for the card. It could also be something simple and as I know to my cost trying to " Fiddle" with it normally ends in you deleting or losing some of your software that was not causing any of the problem in hand. 

I think it best if you pop your laptop into the computer shop he will look at it there and then.He has done the odd job for me and did not charge me We bought 2 laptops for the kids for school from him and the after sales is first class.   Cool See below from my earlier post. You could speak with him on the phone.There are two guys in the shop it's the younger that's speaks English.

If you want a cheap reliable computer shop I can recommend one it's in LAldea He is both knowledgeable and honest rare I know but I can only take as I find. He speaks English and his shop is a few doors down from the English shop that closed a few months ago. His number is 977451293. Address Av Catalunya 356 , L`Aldea 43896.

The shop is here....

https://plus.google.com/113060074549233394170/about?gl=es&hl=en

Or tell us here on the forum your laptop name what windows you are running etc and the make/model of your graphics card and bigyim may be able to point you in the right direction. Have you tried to go back in windows to an earlier time when the laptop was working OK ? using Windows system restore ?

See Below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

Anyway Pat until it's fixed  Cheesy  I have my wife's computer you can borrow here's a pic. She tends not to use it these days.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tortosa_windows_hate.jpg ( 5 KB | 182 Downloads )
Tortosa_windows_hate.jpg

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
My laptop is a Samsung vision A8 Quad core running on 8.1,
NP355v5c-AOCUK,  don't know how to find graphics card
I've done a bit of formatting etc that I presume caused this problem!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Pat
     This is a fairly modern laptop in that they are still selling them.

Your graphics card will most likely be a AMD Radeon HD 7640G
The drivers may well be corrupt and you need to reinstall them.
1. You should run "System restore" and this may well put back any part of the software you may have "fiddled " with as it backs up you files before it allows you to do anything to the present set up.

2.On your computer screen bottom left click there and then click on computer. Look on the top left after you have clicked on computer and you will see a heading called "System Properties" click on that heading and it will give you the full spec of your laptop and tell you which graphics card after you have clicked on the left hand menu "Device manager"

You can download and reinstall the drivers if you do not have system restore active from the site below.

http://www.official-drivers.com/articles/amd-radeon-hd-7640g-driver

3. Get in the car and take it to the shop.

4. Do what I am doing right now typing whist having a nice Bombay gin with a Schweppes tonic and lots of bergs and veg (Ice and Lemon) hmmmm Lovely.  Cool

Tortosa_Mac.jpg ( 6 KB | 179 Downloads )
Tortosa_Mac.jpg

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I'll have a go! especially the gin bit!   The color business only shows up on the TV screen not on the laptop, so when it alternates we go from the tv to the laptop say every 10 mins!!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #25 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Have you got a DVD player or other playback device you can plug into the TV to see if the colour problem persists ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top