Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Bank robbery in Tortosa (Read 10606 times)
fishman
Ex Member

Re: Bank robbery in Tortosa
Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley SmileyQuote:
Sorry only just seen the replies. 

Not angry at all Bulldog.  You may not have noticed but I love my life here and I'm not one of the moaners.  I just don't think that everything is a laugh and I genuinely think crowing about the trauma sustained by local staff and customers of the bank who were caught up in an armed robbery, 'because bankers', is stupid and childish and not a 'good result'.  None of the people in the bank caused the financial crash and none of the bank tellers make decisions about your banking, they're just trying to get by like the rest of us.  And as Bruixot pointed out their insurance will cover the financial loss anyway. 

Thanks Bruixot for your comment I am genuinely a bit shocked that anyone would think "Yay for the armed robbers" to be honest.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Having been shot at for real in a previous career I can understand how those innocents caught up in this mess would feel.  I had the chance to shoot back they didn't. €30.K I hope they just handed it over with no fuss.

IP Logged

Coco
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Not angry at all Bulldog.  You may not have noticed but I love my life here and I'm not one of the moaners.  I just don't think that everything is a laugh and I genuinely think crowing about the trauma sustained by local staff and customers of the bank who were caught up in an armed robbery, 'because bankers', is stupid and childish and not a 'good result'.  None of the people in the bank caused the financial crash and none of the bank tellers make decisions about your banking, they're just trying to get by like the rest of us.  And as Bruixot pointed out their insurance will cover the financial loss anyway. 

Thanks Bruixot for your comment I am genuinely a bit shocked that anyone would think "Yay for the armed robbers" to be honest.

with you on this one pondgirl .

IP Logged

Betty_Swollox

Old git

Reply #18 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
OK .... I have also been involved on the wrong side of an armed robbery. It happened at the branch of Natwest in Silvertown, East end of London in 1992. I was a witness as I was in the bank at the time they crew burst in with shotguns etc.

I have no idea how much was taken nor do I care. The attitude of the staff at that time was impeccable, very cool and of course they have all been rigorously trained for such situations. Regards us customers, well the shared response after the event was along the lines of "Phew, no-one got hurt but didn't everyone do well" and was actually quite exciting.

So ... I stand by my comment about how times like this are the only times that Joe Bloggs can have a go at the banks. Very few of us would do so and it is such a rare occurrence these days that it causes headline news, not like in the "old days"".

Perhaps this story has now run it's own course and it's time to move on?

PS ... I would like to earn €3000 per year from carobs, where do I apply?

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Hi Pondgirl,
Just read your posting and as usual firm but fare.
P.S. Do you still want the 2 masks and guns.
Yours a remorseful Bulldog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top