Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Getting NIE Tortosa (Read 8112 times)
Cariad

Forum newbie

Getting NIE Tortosa
Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
There have been complaints about people sleeping outside the Police station and fights.It seems horrendous to get the NIE now. We always go to Reus no problem there,Tarragona also has problems.
http://www.diaridetarragona.com/ebre/45477/40-hores-per-renovar-el-nie-a-tortosa

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re: Getting NIE Tortosa
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
We went to do our residencia in Tortosa about 2 weeks ago at 7am and found that we were 29th in the queue and that they would only see 27 people that day. I have not been back since just building up the patience to try again but it is ridiculous. If Catalunia wants us to contribute into the system then this should be made easier. I understood that if you are not resident in Reus then you can not apply there.

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
When we went to Tortosa they were giving 10 numbers to europeans and 10 to non europeans. No problem at Reus they said they knew there was a problem at Tortosa.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Adding a few more staff,just to get over the backlog would help! But hey it's the Summer here & "LETS PARTY" is the only message in town.      Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Cariad did you make an appointment at Reus or just go and is your address in the Reus area?

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Have sent pm. We didn't make appointment .They were very helpful .It's going to be hard having to renew nie every 3 months.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
We tried to go back to Reus to get another NIE cert. as the last was lost or stolen, but we were told we had to go to Tortosa as Reus no longer covered our area (L'Ametlla de Mar).  I phoned Tortosa and was told they give out numbers 24h per day.  We got there at 08.30 yesterday and were told we didn't need a number but to be back by 09.00.  At 09.00 there were a couple of people in front of us but we got into the office quite quickly.  We already had all the necessary documentation and application forms with us. We were sent out to make some photocopies and to pay the fee in a bank then we returned to the Police Station and after a few minutes were called into the office where the new certificate was handed over.  All in all a very painless process. Get there early though as they only let a few people in per day.

By the way, we had to go to the Comisaría de Policia Nacional de Tortosa on the edge of the big park (Passeig de Joan Moreira, 3) NOT the one in Passeig de la Ribera.

I have read in the Spanish press that they are working to bring in an online appointment system which should make the whole process even easier.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
As a matter of interest why are you renewing NIEs?
If you change to the green 'Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union' this has no expiry date.

Also do the current NIEs have a date on them? I've seen them saying that they have a 3 month validity but without a date of issue.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I just want to conform and have residencia for my retirement.

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Some people obtained the NIE from  their country and don't want residencia as they are just purchasing a property and not living hereby. I haven't noticed if they have a date on them.Looks as if it is better now at the Police station

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Residencia does not exist any more, it hasn't existed for a number of years although the term is still used.

'Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union'  translates to 'Certificate of registration of citizen of the (European) union' and not 'Resident of Spain'. It has your Spanish address and your NIE number. It does not oblige you to live at that address or be registered as living at that address - this is the 'Empadronamiento' (or Padron), equivalent to the UK 'Electoral register' and you should only be registered this way in one place and should re register at the new town hall when moving house.

If you reside in Spain for more than 3 months (I guess this is why the NIE has a 3 month expiry) then you should apply and obtain a 'Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union' certificate.

Official information here:
http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos...

I've searched to see if you should cancel the certificate if you are not living here but there is nothing on any of the official government sites.

Unofficial and correct/incorrect information and interpret how you want: Search Google

Personally I have a 'Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union' as I live here permanently but if I didn't I would still get one to save the hassle.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, we had to ask for a duplicate Certificate of Registration for an EU citizen, not just an NIE number.

IP Logged

Oenz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I obtained an NIE number for the purchase of my property last year. I haven't renewed it or applied for the 'Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Unión'.

Is there any legal requirement to renew the NIE as I only visit 3 or 4 times a year (totaling a month or two)?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top