Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Turtle (Read 2600 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

Turtle
Oct 16th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Having just seen a freebie turtle advertised on the forum, it reminded me of the morning while doing the dishes in my marigolds I happened to look out of the window and saw a walking dinner plate in the finca behind us. Thought I had overdone the junior aspirins so got the wife to the window. Whos response was go and see what it is, I of course stood my ground and refused, so after she bent my fingers back and insisted, out I went into the great wild outdoors with a trembling smile on my lips shouting back tell the tribe I love them but not you.

What I found was a rather affectionate but later found out, was a gigolo gypsy turtle with a hidden agenda. Putting him into our pond with our resident Freddie frog who welcomed him with glee allowing the now named Thomas turtle to sit upon his oxygenating plant we then bought all kinds of food for him which he ate with a gusto and soon piled on weight and grew rapidly.

As time went on and her indoors found me more jobs outside even in the rain a strong bond formed between Thomas and I. We had many meaningful conversations, he was a very good listener. Then spring came and a now fat turtles thoughts turned to romance and sad to say that one morning found that he was gone and he did not even leave a thank you note, only a broken hearted Freddie frog.
Yours a now a walking dinner plate wary Bulldog.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Turtle
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Turtles are very deep thinkers as you know BD.   Wink

Tortosa_inspires.jpg ( 8 KB | 158 Downloads )
Tortosa_inspires.jpg

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Salmonella carriers.  Wash your hands, keep kids and expectant mums well clear.  Fatal if eaten raw.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Well, don't sugar coat it colin, say it clear.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Salmonella carriers.  Wash your hands, keep kids and expectant mums well clear.  Fatal if eaten raw.

It is well known that all forms of life can carry disease including humans ( Ebola for example ) if children are brought up to have no respect or caring feelings for life entity's then how can they be expected to hold our own species in any kind of respect, so you then have a generation who have contempt for the disabled, the old, the less privileged, women and children, does this sound familiar to you, just look at our own government polices.

So should common sense not rule and not only children, pregnant women but all people push the boundaries of intelligence and buy a bar of soap and practice basic hygiene by washing ones hands when handling turtles etc.

So I live in hope there are still enough people out there who would still take a chance and rescue and care for any creature in need for the price of a piece of soap.

Her indoors says do not get me onto hunting and is at present burning my soap box. 
Yours a truth telling boring old Bulldog.
P.S. Bunter where did you get that picture of our Thomas from?      

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
If you have them, catch them and put them into their wild habitat near water or on the delta,  Keep them as pets at your peril.  Thatr's all.  A bit like cane toads,  steer clear, live long.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top