10 Dog Agility clubs (Read 6389 times)
Paula
Ex Member

Dog Agility clubs
Nov 20th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
hi

New to the forum, so hello Smiley

we are hoping to complete on a house in El Perello on Nov 30th, so a bit excited, our plan is to live part time in the UK & PT in Spain.

I have a mad border collie with whom I do agility here in the uk. Can any of you recommend an agility club not too far from EP?

I have contacted a couple up near Tarragona, but ideally don't want a 40 - 50 min drive, so if there is one nearer that would be fab:) & one that spoke some English would be even better!

We are also learning Lowland Search & Rescue, is there anything round EP like that??

Cheers

Paula

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Re: Dog Agility clubs
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the censored side of the forum Paula, as for search and rescue part of your question the wife says I am normally lost if this is of any help and in constant need of rescue.

Her indoors has just piped up saying there is no rush to find me!!!!!
Yours a could be stranded Bulldog.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Bulldog, you will try anything to meet up with a member of the opposite sex.  Down boy !!

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Thank you Tony for giving my secrets away, you are now on my blacklist along with Betty_ Swollox.
Yours a forever searching Bulldog.

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Cheesy

well we are always told to practice…..Kobi is great at finding, not so great at telling me though Smiley

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Sent on behalf of bullfrog your local " Groomer"

images.jpg ( 6 KB | 165 Downloads )
images.jpg

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Smiley

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Just on a serious note for the time being, you may be aware of the terrible disease Leishmania but if not and with you bringing your border collie to Spain, you should get your dog a Scalibor collar as this is very helpful against the sand flies, mosquitoes which spread the disease. Try and get as much info as possible, as there is now a vaccine but some vets do not like it. Our regime is to change the collars every 6 months and we spray our tribe with lemon juice and also around the doors ,fly netting and windows and so far this has worked for us.

Unfortunately as for agility we have not been able to convince our tribe to take this up, as getting onto the sofa and off is exercise enough and as for search and rescue, unless it involves food in great amounts they have no interest. 
Yours always living in hope Bulldog.

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Hi, I think there is a dog agility club in Tortosa , it is based at Nexo vets , which is the 3rd exit on the first roundabout you come to on the road to Tortosa from the Ap7. Arca is the 1st exit. I do know a girl that does dog training , she is away at the moment but will ask her when she is back if she knows where the best place to go. She does a lot of competitions with her dogs..  Hope this helps Smiley.

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks to Bulldog & clip clop

will I need a collar at this time of year or just summertime? it sounds like the same sort of collar I was recommended for ticks here in the UK, but I don't need that in the winter.

Tortosa & Tarragona are about the same for me. I wrote to the two clubs in Tarragona, but have not heard back from them Sad I also tried the one in Barca, but no reply from them either….is this normal??

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Clip clop, is your friend back yet?

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Hiya. Yes she is , she said that she goes to Tarragona, I will ask her for the phone number of the club for you.  Gabriella at Filato kennels used to do agility as well. I think she comes under Carmarles I can't find her number but I know that Maeve from Arca will have it.                                                     For Leichsmania I put scalibor collars on my 3 dogs , they last 6 months so I put them on in March and Sept, they also have the vaccination. Heartworm is a problem here . I use Stronghold in the summer and frontline in the winter. I do walk my dogs on the beach but only in the winter when the sand flies are gone. Hope this helps  Smiley

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
thanks

I wrote to two clubs near taragonna, but get no reply I think the emails must be going to spam:( I don't speak spanish yet so reluctant to call & at  Club Neo there is only one english speaker, but any info would be great.

My normal treat,meant are UK based Advocate & drontal for worms, Im looking at a collar for next year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top