Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Carpe Diem (Read 10937 times)
PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Carpe Diem
Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Hadn't been for a while but spent a lovely 4 hours there today.
The food was excellent and, with our large group, had most of the menu with much praise and no complaints. Service is friendly but not matey and just the right amount of time left between courses for good conversation. Half the group used the pool while we old codgers mused over a nice brandy.
At €14.95 each a very welcome luxury.   Smiley

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Re: Carpe Diem
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Do they still have a menagerie please?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:41am
Print Post  
A recent review from that honest and above board...Trip Advisor.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“Search out this place - it's worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 27 January 2016

Chose Carpe Diem to celebrate a birthday and wow, what a place to celebrate! It's quite a drive from anywhere, and tucked away down a country lane. It's like a giant finca really with a lake, and a collection of birds, animals and pets outside to see. Inside, the dining room is flamboyant and artistic, very different from most places....

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:25am
Print Post  
It's good but you have to put up with cats crawling over your table and begging food when you are eating I won't be going again

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:53am
Print Post  
The only time we went there was in a group, and was a couple of years ago, and a friend stepped in dog muck on the path before going into the restaurant.
Not nice at all.
Inside seemed scruffy and rather dirty.
I asked for Gaseosa or Casera to put with my wine, but I was told they didn't stock it.
We will not go back there again.
Maybe it is better now, only hope so.

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
We went a couple of weeks ago and I must say the food was lovely, no cats crawling across the tables!! Place was lovely and clean.. we have been several times and the food is always very good and the service excellent. I will be going again  Wink

IP Logged

Petertwosheds
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
We have been here several times, both for their "menu del dia" and themed nights and in all honesty have never been disappointed, friendly service, excellent food and clean. Would recommend to anyone without hesitation.

IP Logged

DaisyMay
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
WE have had lunch at Carpe Diem on a number of occasions and have always had good food and a great time. The decor is flambuoyant and the service friendly. Never had any cats begging!!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
For the newer members and visitors who don't know where you are talking about  Roll Eyes

It's in El Perello and here is a link to their website  Smiley

http://www.carpediemperello.eu/?lang=en

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
A few years ago when the two "Guys" who ran the place split up , one stayed above and the other opened the place below. You can see the decor is somewhat similar as is the name. I think it may have changed hands since then.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.ebookers.com/Costa-Daurada-Hotels-Carpe-Diem.h2532536.Hotel-Informat...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top