Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tree surgeons (Read 6516 times)
Eulalie
Ex Member

Tree surgeons
Feb 15th, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
This is not about fruit trees, so apologies if not appropriate. We need to cut down some pine trees that are close to our house. We got permission from the Agents Rural to cut down 25 trees (we are surrounded by pines) and have cut down about 8 ourselves. These trees are too big and too close to the house for us to tackle. We don't want an enthusiast with a chain saw and /or a winch, we need someone with the appropriate licence and insurance. Does anyone know where to find such a person?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Tree surgeons
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
If you find one please post their details.
This question was asked several years ago, and my friends are still waiting.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Milanuncios.com
Search for tala forestal and take your pick.
It's not like the old days, gang. Most stuffs available online somewhere. Shame it hasn't affected the bizzare pricing system. Oh and finding the word you want. I've found if you run your word from English to Spanish in an app or website and then translate that back it can help define which word you're looking for.
Milanuncios.com or vibbo.com
Then open a new forum section called What's the word for....
Wink
Bruixot

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Oops...change the search area to Tarragona too or you'll be searching thousand of pages. If you want to extend area of search after you've searched the first time then another option appears: Tarragona y cerca, for example, will also throw in the immediate surrounding provinces too.
I find bing translate . Com works pretty well for copy and paste from the sales site but use whichever application you're happy with.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
If you'd like it, I can come to take a look at the local situation and the trees in March. And of course to meet and discuss the job to be done.
You can send me a pm if you like.
Regards Jote.

IP Logged

Eulalie
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks for suggestions. I have indeed found a few firms in Mil Anuncios, and have obtained a couple of quotes. Now waiting for Permiso from the Ministry of Ag at Mora d'Ebre. Should be going ahead in May. Rita - I will post more info once the job is done and I know whether I feel able to recommend the firm.

IP Logged

Eulalie
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
As promised, here is a report on our tree surgeons.
We have had our trees felled by a firm called "Forestall Sylvestre". They did a good job, including taking down some trees which were very close to the house and could not be "dropped". They were well-equipped, used all the appropriate safety gear, supplied proof of insurance, etc. They have a website and you can have a look at some of the work they have done. They are based in Tarragona and do work all over the province.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Thank you for the update and useful info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top