Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Nurseries and garden centres (Read 3566 times)
Will_Mary
Ex Member

Nurseries and garden centres
Nov 16th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Hello all.
We are new to the forum and are trying to get the location of a couple of nurseries. We bought a casita in the mountains last year and we want to try and establish some shade giving climbers. We are particularly interested in wisteria, vine and bougainvilla. Mary would like to try a few cactus but I worry about introducing a possible invasive. Any opinions?
Any suggestions as to when to plant would be welcome.
We will be there at Easter and then for 6 to 8 weeks begining June. I hope to have a week there late Jan early Feb.
Will

IP Logged

Sam
Ex Member

Re: Nurseries and garden centres
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Will. Not sure how far you are from Amposta but if not to far check out www.vivergil.com they have quite a good selection and are reasonably priced. They will also advise on time of year to plant etc but most things should be fine to plant on your April trip 👍

IP Logged

Will_Mary
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Thanks Sam, we are a good way from Amposta [Tivissa mountains] but that doesn't matter we will check that out. I think there is a place in L'Ampolla that sells hrbs so we can have a day on the Delta.

IP Logged

rayo

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I think there are a couple of sizeable nurseries on N340 between Miami Platja & Cambrills...one might be called Tropipalms?
Maybe a bit closer to you?

IP Logged

PaulH

the hills are alive

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:22am
Print Post  
http://www.jardineriabenages.com/es/index.php

Knowledgeable staff, all plant names in Latin & well organised site.

IP Logged

Will_Mary
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
OK, thanks everyone, those suggested look as though they fit the bill perfectly. Now I just have to be patient untill my return in late Jan.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
If you are taking a trip onto the delta any way you might wish to consider Casanova Garden Centre just outside Deltebre la Cava on the road to Riumar. 

Ivies grow well here and resist the dry weather whilst jasmine and honeysuckle give a nice scent.  Passionflowers are happy if they get enough water.  You will need a watering system - particularly in the early years.  Planting in January/February might give the roots a chance to become established before the hot weather kicks in. 

Good luck!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top