Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Irrigation water (Read 2930 times)
calum
Ex Member

Irrigation water
Feb 27th, 2007 at 1:05am
Print Post  
might seem a dumb question but is irrigation water really only fit for watering crops/ plants ? can it be used for bathing/toilets..can it be filtered or purified ? a few properties I'm looking at have got irrigation water and I'm a tad confused, regards calum

IP Logged

nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Irrigation water
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 8:24am
Print Post  
I suppose it depends on where the irrigation water is coming from.Is it from a well or the river. With well water you can do all of what you've mentioned,you could even drink it if it is tested and passed as safe.I would think twice about washing my bits in a sink full of Ebro water,mind you,look at the size the catfish grow too.......

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Irrigation water
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Any water can be cleaned to make it fit for consumption - it comes down to cost at the end of the day.
There are a number of water treatment systems - from passive filter(s) which remove particles of varying sizes to active filter systems with chemical treatment. There are also decalcification filters to remove the calcium from the water.

You'll probably find the source for the irregation water is a river, stream or well of some sort. Whether you can use it for bathing/toilets may come down to the colour of the water.  If it is carrying a lot of sediment then either build a cisterna to let it settle out and/or put in filter(s) then you should find it's ok for most things.

As a general rule most people here use bottled water for drinking and, subject to the source, for cooking as well.

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top