Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 New Restaurant in Alfara de Carles (Read 27720 times)
Renata
Ex Member

Re: New Restaurant in Alfara de Carles
Reply #30 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:55am
Print Post  
I can agree with all previous comments here. Always great food
BTW  whay does nobody in this forum just write the gps information of the restaurants. We do live in 2013..
the stoneage is over..And GPS works for all of us....

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #31 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
What's GPS ?

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #32 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Some friends came to stay and wanted to use their G.P.S when we took them out for drives in our car.
Once we ended up in a farmyard, near Alfara, and another time it took us all through the village of Xerte instead of staying on the main road.
Will carry on as we are, thanks.   G.P.S free.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Quite agree Rita.  We are situated on the main road to Alfara but guests of ours were also sent all over the place and ended up on the wrong road resulting in getting lost.  Why was it necessary for them to be sent off the main road from Tortosa ?  Like you I am sticking to what I trust, myself, even though I got lost the other day in a strange area.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole - even a very long one.

Gps is ok if you like taking the wrong roads, getting lost, diversions where there is no need.

If somebody gave me one as a present, it would be in the bin minutes after they left.

They are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Give me a map any day.

Gps !   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

John.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
I am no technophobe by any means and I have also found GPS systems to be virtually useless especially in Spain and even more so in Barcelona. They can't even find my finca when I'm parked in it. Places us over half kilometer from where we are and on the other side of a motorway.
In Barcelona I have used three different units and all wanted to go and lie down in a darkened room by the end of the trip. Instructions in Barcelona included: turn left now on a dual carriage way, turn right into a one way street and do a you turn on a motorway. My personal favorite was take the left lane and keep right.
Not much better in the UK added over 80 miles to a trip in the Uk via Snake pass in December. I've never been through Snake Pass on a route from London to Manchester. And being 5 miles out of Preston in the middle of nowhere and it telling us we'd reached our destination(city centre).
Maybe it's just the Americans having a laugh with us. The idea that all our military is reliant on a system in the sole control of another nation is somewhat terrifying. Maybe the euro Galileo system will be better but I'm not holding my breath.
Let us know your success rate Renata.
Evil grin.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #36 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:26am
Print Post  
On my Android phone I have a free 'GPS' or, as it's called, Navigator. I've used it many times and can't fault it. It connects and gets a route when I need it (so it's data is pretty up to date). I'm very happy with it. I've never used any other GPS so don't have experience of them.

If I make a wrong turn it connects, downloads a new route, and puts me on the right track again. I've used it in Menorca, Barcelona, St Jaume, Peniscola, Torrevieja and more places.

Sadly, when someone tells me to turn left by the rock painted blue and the house is by the big palm tree on the left it doesn't work though.. maybe someday?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #37 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:46am
Print Post  
I love my garmin GPS unit. Wouldn't go anywhere without it. Maps bang up to date...perfect Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Got a 10 year old Tom Tom,can't fault it.Did let me down in a French forest though.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
The only time we have had a problem with our GPS was in France too.  We must have been near a hidden military installation or something because for a couple of kms the directional arrow just kept spinning in circles  Shocked.  Never had it before or since.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #40 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
I have the latest in retro GPS technology, her indoors just sits there, then gives out the directions by saying you should have turned left back there. BLESS HER.
Yours a misdirected Bulldog.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Grin  You shouldn't be driving so fast Bulldog  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top