Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
insurance for uk vehicle, (Read 3196 times)
sharoglee
Ex Member

insurance for uk vehicle,
Dec 20th, 2007 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
greetings,
             can anyone let me have an e-mail address for a local insurance company to insure my UK registered vehicle. We are nearing our 90 day cover from our UK based insurance company and need to insure our vehicle for the remainder of our house hunting sojourn.Our insurance company informed us to insure in Spain once our 90 day cover elapsed. The vehicle is UK taxed & tested, I assume insurance is available as I have seen UK plated vehicles at Reus airport.

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Re: insurance for uk vehicle,
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Have you asked your UK company to extend your 90 day euro cover, for a fee they may do so. ?

IP Logged

sharoglee
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
thanks for the reply William, it was our insurance company that said to insure the vehicle in Spain once the 90 day period elapsed, so we thought this would be  easier  than it seems. At the moment we are trying to source a UK based company that will give us extended cover. Again any suggestions would be appreciated.

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Hi

Try Norwich Union Direct. I insure my car with them and pay approx £170 extra per year for a 1 year full european cover, which I can recommend after the gearbox failed on me here in September. The local garage to me quoted a massive amount of money to repair it, so it was recovered back to the UK by the insurace company where it was fixed for a quarter of the price quoted here.

I can not recommend them highly enough.

IP Logged

PaulH

the hills are alive

Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Bon Nadal, I think Abbeygate are UK insurers based in Spain for ex pats UK reg cars. Paul

IP Logged

dryrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Dragon Insurance insure uk plated cars living here in Spain.  They are based in Alicante.

Mel

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I was insured through Abbeygate until I discovered that I was only covered for 90 days max outside Spain in any one year. As I spend 50% of my time in Spain and 50% in UK this was no good. I found LV= insurance which offers 180 day cover in Europe. Price was good too.

IP Logged

sharoglee
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to this. Because we are old "frts" (numerically only) we found that SAGA insurance covers us for 365 days in any European country as long as we stay with the vehicle, and it was cheap as we did it on line. Hope this may be of use to someone else.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top