Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
olive grant/subsidy (Read 3723 times)
Hen_Fox
Ex Member

olive grant/subsidy
Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I know this subject been dealt with before but some of the info was in the form of a personal message, not a public one, so the vital bits seemed to be missing!
We have a hectare of land with olives, carobs, almonds and figs and we would like to know where/ how do we apply for any subsidies?
We would appreciate any help.

Hen_Fox

IP Logged

sujay
Ex Member

Re: olive grant/subsidy
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Went to co-op the other day to enquire about registering olive trees for subsidy and was directed to the bank who then informed me that i must go to darp next year in either feb march or april or it could be all of these 3 months as they were not sure .  Apparentley DARP is the ministry for agriculture and fishing  and should be located in Plaza Alfonso Tortosa next to Bank of Madrid (Caja Madrid - with the green bear - DARP is the same office you get fishing licences from, big door to the left of Caja Madrid - Nigel). Hope this is some help . I presume you take your receipts for the harvest to prove your are farming the trees
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:46pm by Nigel »  

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
When we applied for our grant the mill did all the paperwork for us.....they arranged it with the bank, and sent the paperwork off to DARP for us. We then went down to the mill later on and signed paperwork.
Grants are payed on a really complicated system of how many hectares you have, how many trees, how many olives you put through the mill, and are payed the year following...i.e. feb 2009 for 2007/8 olives.
As far as I know they are not issuing any new grants....they have to be kept on from the previous owner, and paperwork is usually signed over in October/November, so now may be a good time to go and ask.

Liz

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Hi All,
       The molli dolli seems to be the place to go.Is the sequence of events to apply-1) bring olives to molli dolli.2)get reciept and bring to darp with all your details.3) go to Le Caixa and collect the dosh or do you go to m/d and they do it for you ? Also how much do you get - I have 200 or so trees in good nick on my well tended farm as well as a few carob and a dozen or so almonds.Is it 1 grant does all or is there a seperate one for each product.
                                                                        Ta,
                                                                            briand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top