Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Good Night "Vienna" (Read 23578 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Good Night "Vienna"
Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Which all goes to prove my case, when I stayed away on business, I never ate in a hotel, and I am still here to tell the tale, most small hotels and pubs use food chains and catering suppliers for their meals. and the kitchen staff are usually no older than McDonalds staff or so old they still use tea towels to dry up with.

I had a tour round one of  Bookers suppliers once!! Mechanically extracted meat and connected tissue come to mind, they couldn't even call their sausages by that name as there was only 5% meat in them, they had to call them bangers

And yes I have seen a documentary on how Kebabs are constructed and what goes into them, but I take my Simvastatins daily and tuck in, you can't beat a  Doner Kebab

IP Logged

tinkerbell
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:36am
Print Post  
-----------------YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT !!!!--------------------------

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Yes, then I presume that you used to stay at chain hotels, you should have gone independant.  But I ageree that there are many unhygienic hotels and having toured the kitchens of some of the top hotels in the UK many of things that I have seen have made me wince.  Some of them are even famous for their afternoon teas whilst enjoying a day out in London.
One thing I did not say in my posting was that I did not like doners I just said that I would not eat one.  Unfortunately my training has exposed me to the risks of eating certain types of food and the number of outbreaks recorded of food poisoning from kebabs has made me very suspicious of them, like it has of eating barbecued chicken and rice in Chinese restaurants.
I wonder how many people who have suffered from food poisoning have actually associated it with a donder kebab.  Most of the general public who have suffered a bout of poisoning only look back to what they have eaten on the previous day whereas certain strains can be caused by something eaten upto a week before by which time the dodgy doner will have been forgotten.
Still enough on the subject we are all made different and we all have different opions.  If we didn't it would be a very boring world and we would not then be able to have these discussions on the forum

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Have you ever thought of train spotting......

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Have you ever thought of train spotting......

He probably does not have the necessary degrees and certificates ....and also got worried by the sheer number of unhygenic Kebab Houses and Chinkies surrounding the airports spewing out salmonella and germs towards the assembled "Aviation Enthusiasts"

Wink

Still, looking on the bright side, at least nobody has been pedantic enough to point out that it is in fact Viena, not Vienna .....

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Hazelnut,
            you're talking a load of "b......s" about meat content in sausages, it is law in the UK and EU for butchers and catering suppliers to have a minimum meat content which includes, fat and all excruded meat and content from bones to be 65% in pork sausages and 55% in beef sausages and they are periodically analysed by local inspectors and if found below that % there is court action and a large fine.
I am not against you or anybody else eating kebabs and enjoying them but maybe you should ask yourself one question when you go into buy one, bearing in mind how big the roll of meat is on the spit, how many times has it been heated and gone cold over a week, as it is not possible to be sold in one day.
Anyway I'm sorry to bore you, enjoy.....enjoy.....enjoy.

IP Logged

tinkerbell
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Can we put a end to this ....its going on and on and on and on and on and on -------------happy christmas  Angry

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hazelnut,
            you're talking a load of "b......s" about meat content in sausages, it is law in the UK and EU for butchers and catering suppliers to have a minimum meat content which includes, fat and all excruded meat and content from bones to be 65% in pork sausages and 55% in beef sausages and they are periodically analysed by local inspectors and if found below that % there is court action and a large fine.
I am not against you or anybody else eating kebabs and enjoying them but maybe you should ask yourself one question when you go into buy one, bearing in mind how big the roll of meat is on the spit, how many times has it been heated and gone cold over a week, as it is not possible to be sold in one day.

If you noticed I said Bangers and not sausages, I agree with you regarding meat content in sausages,a nd as a rule unless they are walls of course you get very good sausages from your local butchers shop but I said bangers and no rules apply to them!! you must have experienced good butchery practices, and never come across  the low end of makro type food suppliers

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Can we put a end to this ....its going on and on and on and on and on and on -------------happy christmas  Angry

Dear Tinkerbell

You don't have to read it if you aren't interested

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
-----------------YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT !!!!--------------------------

Then I must be a Donner Kebab and a pint of lager, mind you I would sooner be that than anemic veggie burger

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hazelnut,

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hazelnut,

Its no use telling them that Old Nelson as the majority will not realise that food should not be heated more than once without the risk of causing food poisoning.

As for bangers or sausages Hazelnut it is just a case of calling a rose by any other name.  They are still trying to sell an inferior sausage by a name the public will recognise and I am sure that the T S officers will be on to the ruse.

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:52am
Print Post  
So,in conclusion,for fear of killing ourselves by eating anything processed,reheated,reconstituted,UHT'ed,steralized,radiated,microwaved,dried,fri
ed,kept warm, feng wotsited or sold at McDonalds,what's the answer........????

IP Logged

Xertaboy
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:41am
Print Post  
The answer is obvious....we all go round to Tony's and he can show us how it should be done, while telling us about all his Degrees/qualifications and experiences of the food trade......take a couple of matchsticks along!!!!!!! (by the way.....for those of you UNEDUCATED folk.....the matches don't go into the food.....they're to keep your eyes open.....)

Then when we've all woken from our slumber......I'm with Hazelnut........WE HEAD DOWN TO THE KEBAB SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 11:00am
Print Post  
I retire from this subject now and will start another. Ohhh Nooo I hear you all say!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top