Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Good Night "Vienna" (Read 23577 times)
ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: Good Night "Vienna"
Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Hi Stuart,
I suppose you could say the "heat" was on the up & it was time to get out of the kitchen!  Anyway in the future, may all your Bangers & kebabs be large ones!
Smiley

IP Logged

tinkerbell
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Dear Hazelnut,        WELL MY MIND BOGGLES A NAME LIKE HAZELNUT ,A PICTURE OF VICTOR MILDREW .   AND SOMEONE WHO FEEDS HIS BRAIN WITH DONERS AND LAGER ....STILL I WISH YOU HAPPY CHRISTMAS ...MAYBE YOU ARE  HAVING A NICE KEBAB FOR CHRISTMAS LUNCH .....?     Grin   I WILL HAVE A NICE NUT ROAST OR A VEGGIE BURGER I THINK .

I WAIT FOR THE  REPLY ....

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
No I think it may be a traditional Turkey with all the trimmings, mind you there is a guy who sells suckling pigs for spit roasting advertising in the olive press, so i may be tempted down the piggy route, We wish you a Merry Christmas Too and Hope you enjoy your nut roast, Nothing wrong with Veggie food I agree and it is. I am sure more healthy for you but, I Love me meat!!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #33 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Hey it's FRIDAY NIGHT---- KEBAB NIGHT
MMmmmmmm Chicken or that meat stuff?
What shall it be?
Oh Sod it I'll have one of each and a large chips.
If I cant eat it all (as if) I can have the rest luke warm for breakfast.
No degrees required in my house Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Just to get back onto the topic of Viena.  The only food I've tried from there was a bite out of son's burger and I thought it was pretty horrible and the few chips that I tried were worse than horrible.  It isn't cheap either.

IP Logged

Nobrot the Great
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Soon the main road will be littered with franchised food chains,
Burger king,Subway,KFC,McDonalds,Wendys,IHOP,Kwik e Mart,Timpsons shoe repairers and key cutters...........Where will it ever end ????

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 11:42am
Print Post  
With the small number of customers they seem to have recently, I cannot see how they can run a building of it's size.
Obviously the rates and wages are a lot lower than in England, and it has the space for large parties to meet and sit and talk without feeling pressurised to drink up and move, as happens in England !

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Soon the main road will be littered with franchised food chains,
Burger king,Subway,KFC,McDonalds,Wendys,IHOP,Kwik e Mart,Timpsons shoe repairers and key cutters...........Where will it ever end ????

Well you won't see a Woolworths anymore!!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just to get back onto the topic of Viena.  The only food I've tried from there was a bite out of son's burger and I thought it was pretty horrible and the few chips that I tried were worse than horrible.  It isn't cheap either.

Well if your son must order a hamburger in Spain what do you expect.  Why not try their Spanish fast food instead.  The bocadillos and fluetas I have had at the Tarragona branch have been very good.
Seriously though, we were up at Leroy Merlins today and stopped for a cup of tea at Viena.  I can honestly say that it is the best cup of tea that I have had in Spain (really strong instead of the usual dishwater), and the free pastries at tea-time are good also.

The worst cup of tea I have ever had in Spain was at a restaurant on the way to the Playa de Marquesa on the delta where it was made completely with milk - ugh !!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Just to get back onto the topic of Viena.  The only food I've tried from there was a bite out of son's burger and I thought it was pretty horrible and the few chips that I tried were worse than horrible.  It isn't cheap either.

Well if your son must order a hamburger in Spain what do you expect.  Why not try their Spanish fast food instead.  The bocadillos and fluetas I have had at the Tarragona branch have been very good.
Seriously though, we were up at Leroy Merlins today and stopped for a cup of tea at Viena.  I can honestly say that it is the best cup of tea that I have had in Spain (really strong instead of the usual dishwater), and the free pastries at tea-time are good also.

The worst cup of tea I have ever had in Spain was at a restaurant on the way to the Playa de Marquesa on the delta where it was made completely with milk - ugh !!

Blimey Tony, do you patronise everyone or just a chosen few? Roll Eyes    We eat Spanish/catalan food almost every day of the week so having a burger was for a change.  It was rubbish and so were the chips.   And doesn't it strike you as even slightly ironic that you then go on to praise them for that least Spanish of commodities 'a nice cup of tea'??  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2009 at 6:29am by »  

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:21am
Print Post  
OOhhhh goody someone else for Tony to have a go at, bring it on Pondgirl and you can take the heat off meeeeee!! Grin

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Aah Stuart are you sure this view of your diminished popularity in Tony's eyes is correct? I'm sure he told me only last week that he was fond of hazelnuts.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well if your son must order a hamburger in Spain what do you expect.  Why not try their Spanish fast food instead.  The bocadillos and fluetas I have had at the Tarragona branch have been very good.
Seriously though, we were up at Leroy Merlins today and stopped for a cup of tea at Viena.  I can honestly say that it is the best cup of tea that I have had in Spain (really strong instead of the usual dishwater), and the free pastries at tea-time are good also.

Blimey Tony, do you patronise everyone or just a chosen few? Roll Eyes    We eat Spanish/catalan food almost every day of the week so having a burger was for a change.  It was rubbish and so were the chips.   And doesn't it strike you as even slightly ironic that you then go on to praise them for that least Spanish of commodities 'a nice cup of tea'??  Grin

Have you tried the hot chocolate to die for up in the cafe as you go into Bauhaus?Your spoon stands perpendicular and you can scoop the chocolate out with tiny croissants!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:31am
Print Post  
What's Bauhaus and where is it?  Smiley

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Hi Penny,
Happy New Year,
It's a B&Q type place on the same retail park as Carrefour and Leroy Merlins at Tarragona.
I think it's a German company, they have some good special offers.

Jools

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top