Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Restaurant Nuri Deltebre Port (Read 10250 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Restaurant Nuri Deltebre Port
Feb 14th, 2009 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Located on the Delta, opposite the trip boats close to Riumar and signposted Deltebre Port just befor the Riumar Roundabout, went on Valentines day, for mid february it was packed with coach trips and tourists, i've never seen such Tat as in the gift shops, plastic wild boar and pigs etc its a good job they don't know about gnomes or the place would be full of them, We decided against better judgement to try a meal at Restaurant Nuri, should have known better packed out tourist places never have to try hard with the food as there will always be another coach load next week, the only thing good was the salt cod starter, very tasty, the Canneloni turned out to be Tuna and Pork mixed not the best of combinations the Goat chops in breadcrumbs wouldn't have fed a sparrow and the chicken in garlic was all thigh bones and not much meat, the chips were dry and re-fried so all in all it was crap wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially at €25 a head Angry

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Restaurant Nuri Deltebre Port
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
But did you complain to the Management?

Last easter we did spot gnomes and dwarfs for sale there -must have been all bought up by the Brits.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Never send your food back in a restaurant, you wouldn't like to know what they do to it!!

No use complaining, except on the Forum just to make people aware!!

Restaurants don't take complaints seriously!!

Especially not places like the Nuri!

There will always be another tourist alng tommorrow

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Our local restaurant takes complaints very seriously, even if you order something and decide you don't like it when it arrives they will swap it for something else.  Can't find anything on the €9 menu del dia that you fancy, they'll whip you up an omelette.  A couple of weeks ago, eating a la carte, my steak was served more cooked than I like it.  No problema, they took it back and cooked me another one to my taste.  What would have been the point of eating sub-standard food and then only complaining on a forum???

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
there is a huge difference between a tourist type restaurant which relies on new passing trade daily with no regulars and a local place which thrives on repeat business.
In any resort or city centre it is always best to find the little out of the way back street place that the locals use,thats where you get quality quantity and value and arent rushed out because they want your table for the next customer.
Hey we are talking about my favourite subject ........FOOD Smiley

steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Tourist type or any other type of restaurant the one thing that I as an hotelier could not stand was the person who could not be bothered to complain as what can be done after the event to rectify if the are not told.  The other type of client, maybe even worse, was the one who ate everything and then complained at the end expecting a reduction on the bill - if they complain then how can they prove the the meal was bad.  No, the thing to do is complain at the time so that something can then be done about it, whether a new steak or a different thing off the menu.
Pondgirl is right if you don't complain how can you then go and slate the place off on a forum - you should be helping them to get it together so that others don't have the same bad experience.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Our local restaurant takes complaints very seriously, even if you order something and decide you don't like it when it arrives they will swap it for something else.  Can't find anything on the €9 menu del dia that you fancy, they'll whip you up an omelette.  A couple of weeks ago, eating a la carte, my steak was served more cooked than I like it.  No problema, they took it back and cooked me another one to my taste.  What would have been the point of eating sub-standard food and then only complaining on a forum???

Ahh thats different when its you regular haunt and you keep going back there, then I can see the point of complaining!!

And anyway the point of a review on the forum is to asist other people in choosing a good place or avoiding a bad one, or am I missing the point of a restaurant review!!

But they would give that service to anyone, regular or not and they do get passing trade from people visiting Els Ports.  Unfortunately you will never discover this if you don't complain in the first place  Roll Eyes  And you never know you might be doing others a favour if you do complain because as Tony says the restaurant won't know if you don't tell them there is a problem.

Yep restaurant reviews are there to help people make choices, although as Steve said going to tourist restaurants isn't really advisable when there are so many others to choose from nearby.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Obviously there is no point in providing any negative feedback on any restaurant on the Forum and I will cease forthwith which will no doubt please everyone! Wink

IP Logged

old nelson

The man in black

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Nut,
       don't start throwing your toys out of the pram now.................you know that at your age it's very hard to stop the habits of a lifetime......... just think of the experience going to waste...............!!

Old Nelson.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Old Nelson

I obviously don't have the experience or qualifications to be a campaigned complainer, nor have the inclination to complain when the staff don't even have the courtesy to ask you if you enjoyed your meal and was everything OK, I have yet to be asked that question here in Spain.

Nor do I profess to have been in the restaurant / hotel Trade!!

I know what I like, and dislike, but from now on I will keep that to myself and let all newcommers to the area make the same mistakes I did when choosing a restaurant, so much for restaurant reviews, it appears you can only praise places here!!

GOM

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the PM Steve, its nice to get some support from Someone on the Forum !!

Instead of being discouraged by others

Yes I could go on complaining on the Forum but I get the same old responses from some people, its just makes you think why should I bother!!

It would be nice to see some input from other people Positive or negative with regards to Restaurants!

But a lot of people seem to read stuff on the Forum, but never contribute themselves unless its to disagree with your point of view!

We will see what response that gets Hey  Wink

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Obviously there is no point in providing any negative feedback on any restaurant on the Forum and I will cease forthwith which will no doubt please everyone! Wink

A bit of an extreme response to a post that was intended to point out that not all restaurants, as suggested in your 2nd post,  "don't take complaints seriously!! "  But that's your perogative.

Complaining on a forum might make you feel better and also might prevent people from using the restaurant but it won't improve anything.

Maybe the reason that you haven't been asked whether you enjoyed your meal over here is because Spanish people will happily tell a restauranteur if anything is wrong and don't wait to be asked.  If they eat it all and pay for it then surely it is to be expected that they enjoyed it?

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Hazelnut,

Please continue your reviews. In my opinion complaining to the restaurant could only improve the quality if it's about something they could have missed (like your food isn't very hot when served). If it's obvious crap (like hardly meat on the goat chops or very sloppy service) then I assume they served it intensionally that way or they just don't have the right skills to run a restaurant. In both situations they deserve to get a bad review on a forum.

Keep up the good work G.O.M.! Smiley
Mark

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Thanks for that El Alto

Its nice to get some support, have chatted to a few by PM and they also think I should continue with Restaurant Reports, as you rightly point out along with Cactus Jack its best to avoid the touristy type places if you want something decent to eat!!

I still don't complain at a restaurant though I vote with my feet and never go again!!

Some restaurants just don't deserve to be in business and as for service!! well I thought that was a thing that happened occassionally after you had chatted to all your friends taken mobile calls cleaned the floor wiped the tables and OOhh is that a customer I see walking out of the door?

I hate to admit it but sometimes the american philosophy of restaurant service if a little overbearing and sometimes patronising wouldn't go amiss!! Have a nice Day Now!! Missing you already!!  Grin Grin

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks for that El Alto

I hate to admit it but sometimes the american philosophy of restaurant service if a little overbearing and sometimes patronising wouldn't go amiss!! Have a nice Day Now!! Missing you already!!  Grin Grin

The latest americam greeting is Hi   How are you today?

When I answered, 'Hello, well my back is giving me a bit of gyp and I have a slight headache that feels like its going to last all day, but my elbow does seem to be improving thank you' they looked at me like I was totally mad!
Why ask?
 Cool

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top