Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Bar Restaurant L'illa, L'Ampolla (Read 3800 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Bar Restaurant L'illa, L'Ampolla
Sep 13th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I just had what was probably the best steak that I have ever eaten in my life at the L'illa restaurant in L'Ampolla. 
If you head out of L'Ampolla from the Club Nautic roundabout, following the sea, it's the restaurant at the top of the hill with tables at the end of the one way bit.

A steak, chips and salad cost 16.50, or with hot sauce 17.50.  Wine is normal price for a restaurant. The prices are the same in the day and the evening.

The steak was Solomillo de buey, which I'm told is the best part of the animal.

It was absolutely delicious and just melted in the mouth. I'll definitely be going back!

Nigel

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Bar Restaurant L'illa, L'Ampolla
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Hi Nigel

I hearsay that they do a special sunday breakfast about once every 6 weeks Cava, fry up, continental selection of meats cakes postres and Carahillios etc

IP Logged

William of Orange
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Solomillo de buey = Fillete  of Beef

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Solomillo is sirloin rather than fillet, which would be filete and buey is actually Ox rather than beef, which is carne... but hey, it was delicious, so much so I went back for another and it was as good as the first one.

Just make sure you don't order filete de carne when you really want solomillo de buey as you may be disappointed!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Oh and don't forget that you are using Castellano phrases/words not Catalan  Wink  In our local restaurant a Solomillo is called a filet de bou and it is more of a 'fillet' than a sirloin, but not like the thick fillets that you get in the UK, different cut  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top