Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Spain takes over presidency of EU (Read 10575 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Spain takes over presidency of EU
Jan 5th, 2010 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Spain has taken over the presidency of the EU for the next six months. Details of what this means and what to expect are on the official website: http://www.eu2010.es/en/index.html

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Spain takes over presidency of EU
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Does that mean that they might be obliged to implement some of the EU rules?

A start would be complying with anti protectionism and free markets for all EU goods!!

Harmonising rules relating to Vehicles  Trailers and Tow bars would also be a step in the right direction!

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 11:02am
Print Post  
I don't see Cataloonya implementing any EU rules,allthough they will definetely continue to grab any EU grants they can !

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I'm Sure you are absolutely right there, they are as bolshy as the French

Shame Britain doesn't think the same way !!

IP Logged

gollums_mate
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Does this mean that as like the rest of Spain, instead of decreasing the prices of goods and items to attract more customers the whole of the EU will implement increases on everything possible therefore leading to less custom thus pushing the whole of the EU into a worse economy than already exists? Will this mean the end of buy two get one free offers in the UK?

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
SOD OFF & BOGOF more like.....

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Hazelnut,
You spend so much time on this Forum grumbling about the way they do things in Catalonia and Spain that I really cannot understand why you are still here.  'When in Rome do as the Romans do' is my way of going about things.
So why don't you fly back to the UK (if you can) and when you cannot land consider why they are never ready for the snow even though it falls every year ?   I never see the Swedes or the Finns not ready for snow so perhaps they are in advance of Spain and the UK and should take over the presidency of the EU and tell us all how things should be done.
For God's sake, man, you are in Spain and chose to move here so accept the way they do things or go back to the LOG (Land of Grey).

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 9:16am
Print Post  
You are so Right Tony Couldn't agree with you more!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
So the Finns and the Swedes can handle a bit of snow.What they canīt handle is the highest rates of suicide in Europe and the highest rates of fatalities involving elks.......

IP Logged

Harvo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
....and they also cant handle wolves....they are shooting them again..... and those Volvo cars are crap.... just look at the paint work on mine!

Dirty_Volvo.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
The only Volvo I have seen with a boob job Nice One Harvo!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Nice one.....!!!!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So the Finns and the Swedes can handle a bit of snow.What they canīt handle is the highest rates of suicide in Europe and the highest rates of fatalities involving elks.......

Which just goes to show that nowhere is perfect so why spend the time complaining about how bad things are over here after making the choice to come to Spain.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:

LOL, Well, I have suffered a delayed plane in Scandanavia due to snow and ice and suspect that the incredibly low rate of Catalan Elk related fatalities is probably due to "Franco having them all shot" like Manuel's Spanish Hamsters....

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Forums are not necessarily 100% for the people who already live out here Tony !!

They are a usefull source of unbiased information, ie not believing everything you are told by an Estate agent or a Finca seller, who are afterall interested in selling you something!!

How often have you heard the phrases Electricity Nearby, or water can be obtained from neighbouring property

The Forum is a good source of information for people considering a move to the area!!

They will not find out about the pitfalls from many other sources, and a lot of minor details can make a hell of a difference to everyday life!!

How many people thought they could keep their english trailer when they came out here!!

How many people think they can keep a Caravan on Campo land and once here it will need to be matriculated after 6 months!!

How many people don't realise how much its cost to matriculate and english car and how !!

Information is King so I will carry on being a G.O.M. Thank You!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top