Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Spain takes over presidency of EU (Read 10574 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Spain takes over presidency of EU
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hazelnut,
You spend so much time on this Forum grumbling about the way they do things in Catalonia and Spain that I really cannot understand why you are still here.  'When in Rome do as the Romans do' is my way of going about things.
So why don't you fly back to the UK (if you can) and when you cannot land consider why they are never ready for the snow even though it falls every year ?   I never see the Swedes or the Finns not ready for snow so perhaps they are in advance of Spain and the UK and should take over the presidency of the EU and tell us all how things should be done.
For God's sake, man, you are in Spain and chose to move here so accept the way they do things or go back to the LOG (Land of Grey).

Just a small point Tony We are not in Rome, Spain or Catalunya we are supposed to be in the EU and if you check most of my grumbles on the Forum relate to Catalunya not complying with EU rules!!

I have emailed the relevant Traffic department in Brussels and they confirm that re-matriclation of any vehicles already registered in the EU is against EU Harmonisation Rules and is Illegal.

Its just a way of making money supporting an antiquated system which should have been scrapped years ago!!

If Spain does not comply with EU Rules it faces Large fines in the future

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Hazelnut is entitled to 'grump' when something is not right.  There is undoubtedly room for improvement in many aspects of life here though last I heard Utopia didn't exist, despite Tony B. Liar's promises and Atlantis sank (presumably to the sound of someone grumpily saying 'I warned you those sea defenses weren't up to the job.').  I am happy that we have, not just the right to complain, but the mechanism/forum so to do.  'When in Rome' is more a social behaviour comment than an instruction to accept the unacceptable.  I wouldn't want to apply the theory to Berlin, or here even, 70 years ago etc. etc. 

It is frustrating in the extreme to find civil servants opposing the blindingly obvious and taking money along the way.  What is needed, but rarely experienced, is the willingness of the system to change because IT recognises its inadequacies.  The situation however only tends to change possibly under force from the people or possibly under force from higher authority (in this case Brussels).  Either way Hazelnut, you go on 'grumping' and you too Tony, preferably not about eachother. 

'Despite all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world.  Be careful.  Strive to be happy.'

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Interesting Stuart;are you via Brussels saying that all UK registered and plated cars running around Spain are actually legal (assuming they are actually deemed road worthy) and could therefore be insured either in/from spain or the UK.This 90 days / 6 month outside the UK ruling would therefore be pointless and the need to matriculate would not exsist,after all,the EU is supposed to be one big happy family all singing from the same song book......
I`d like to see this in writing if it is the case

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
No SORRY notrob that is what is so wong with the Spanish system, in theory once a car has been accepted as a standard manufactured vehicle and sold in any EU country with a homologation certificate saying that it has been manufactured to a certain specification, it should then be accepted by any other EU country and once import taxes based on the cars current value and providing it passes the equivalent of an ITV it should be legal once plated, there is a nominal fee for this as in the UK.

But Here you have to pay a technico to measure the whole vehicle!! wheel centres wheel track spacing and fill in a stupid beurocratic form to say that the car is as per the manufacturers spec, What a load of Tosh and anything between 200 and 400 euros on top of the plating price the ITV test and the import tax

Money for old rope

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Forums are not necessarily 100% for the people who already live out here Tony !!

They are a usefull source of unbiased information, ie not believing everything you are told by an Estate agent or a Finca seller, who are afterall interested in selling you something!!

How often have you heard the phrases Electricity Nearby, or water can be obtained from neighbouring property

The Forum is a good source of information for people considering a move to the area!!

They will not find out about the pitfalls from many other sources, and a lot of minor details can make a hell of a difference to everyday life!!

How many people thought they could keep their english trailer when they came out here!!

How many people think they can keep a Caravan on Campo land and once here it will need to be matriculated after 6 months!!

How many people don't realise how much its cost to matriculate and english car and how !!

Information is King so I will carry on being a G.O.M. Thank You!!

Sorry I have not replied earlier, having family over and taking them out and about in the snow.

Yes, I quite agree that others who read this do not necessarily live out here but may be considering doing so and should be unaware of the pitfalls.  But they should also be informed of the great benefits of living out here, and that, Hazelnut is something I have yet to see you write about on the Forum.  All you ever do is grumble about what you find wrong,  So by association I repeat that if you have nothing to eulogise about, what are you doing out here ?

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Forums are not necessarily 100% for the people who already live out here Tony !!

They are a usefull source of unbiased information, ie not believing everything you are told by an Estate agent or a Finca seller, who are afterall interested in selling you something!!

How often have you heard the phrases Electricity Nearby, or water can be obtained from neighbouring property

The Forum is a good source of information for people considering a move to the area!!

They will not find out about the pitfalls from many other sources, and a lot of minor details can make a hell of a difference to everyday life!!

How many people thought they could keep their english trailer when they came out here!!

How many people think they can keep a Caravan on Campo land and once here it will need to be matriculated after 6 months!!

How many people don't realise how much its cost to matriculate and english car and how !!

Information is King so I will carry on being a G.O.M. Thank You!!

With the above in mind and your drive to find new members Hazelnut, you should be marketing the forum in UK not here...
I, and probably 50% of the people here would have given anything for this information before coming. Ironically though, had we had this information, we probably would not have come here in the end! lol   Wink

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Very true and that is why some of us keep harping on about stuff, we don't want others to fall into the same bear pit!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top