Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11  Send TopicPrint
 25 Cedula de Habitabilidad (Read 78648 times)
fatphil
Ex Member

Re: Cedula de Habitabilidad
Reply #120 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Jote,
With regard to installing  a Septic tank and solar panels without permission,they will not go unnoticed for long,as either the Agents Rurals or a nosey neighbour will report them to the authorities !
As you will not be living full time at the property, you will also have the problem of making the solar panels secure,as they will also advertise that you have expensive inverter/battery equipment installed in the building.
My advice would be to keep the Finca at Finca standard and not upgrade,as I have found from personnel experience it will attract attention from every passing thief.
To be blunt I would buy in another Country,and then perhaps you will stand a chance of doing what you want safely and legally !

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #121 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
To be blunt I would buy in another Country,and then perhaps you will stand a chance of doing what you want safely and legally !

Euuh Phil,

Do you really suggest there are no thieves outside Catalunya/Spain? The crime statistics in Spain are actually very good comparing to other european countries.

regards,
Mark

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Are the crime statistics you refer to for the whole of Spain,as I was refering to my personnel experience of Cataloonya.
But why would anyone want to move to any area where as a previous poster said "the locals are not interested in tourist money" and defenitely have no intention of trying to be hospitable to foreigners ?
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2010 at 7:22pm by »  

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #123 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,

Sad to hear you have had bad experiences in Catalunya. I enjoy myself here very well for over 15 years now. I realise myself this is a democracy for only 35 years (So yes there are strange laws as you can expect in such a young juridical system), Spain is very big and not a rich country (So don't blame them they can't organise everything as well as in Holland or the UK but smile when you pay their tax-bills). Catalunya is struggeling with independecy-feelings (wich look very inpractical to us but I live in a very tiny country myself and please don't say we Dutchies can better speak german and use german laws because thats more practical)  and commerce is not as developed as in many other european countries (but it is getting better, competition is growing and the internet makes people and compagnies aware of the world outside their family-and- friends business).

In general I think Catalunya is changing in a positive direction. Maybe slowly, but hey, it was the slow-live most of us foreigners where looking fore. In the end 9 out of 10 times people are  friendly to me, even tough  I speak very little spanish and no more then a handful of catalan words. As for personal experience with criminals; I've been robbed in Holland, France and Spain. I live most of the time in Amsterdam en feel myself save there and also on my finca in Catalunya. When someone  has bad experiences (like poor Chris here on the forum who has been robbed several times) I can imagine they won't feel comfortable here anymore. And then it could be a good idea to go somewhere else but wherever you go there will be thieves, stupid gouvernements and rude people. And if not.......it will be a very, very boring place  Wink

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #124 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
HI everyone,sorry to hear about all the people living in the ebro area that have had their fincas broken into and possesions stolen,
i didnt even make it that far ,i was robbed before mine was even built and as it was being built by my estate agent,and to add insult to injury 3 yrs later my empty illegal  property was then broken into . Angry i cant even protect it as it lies empty on a hill near ginestar,
as for the catalans i have had a few problems with neighbour boundary issues but in general most of them are fine,very child friendly not like the uk ,children are welcome in restaurants and bars ,i am just really pi**ed off because it was fellow brits that have caused all my problems in catalunya .

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #125 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
What has these recent posts got to do with the Cedula problem?   If you want to groan and moan start a new thread.

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #126 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I agree with Colin, back to the cedula and building!
Jote

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #127 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
With regard to installing  a Septic tank and solar panels without permission,they will not go unnoticed for long,as either the Agents Rurals or a nosey neighbour will report them to the authorities !

Can you please explain which office/department etc is meant by : this agents Rural? Is it the Land Registry? The catastro?

Thanks, Jote

IP Logged

Jislaaik
Ex Member

Reply #128 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:18am
Print Post  
The Agents Rural are basically rural police. They drive around keeping Law but not order.... in the rural areas.

Mark, I cannot believe you compare Catalunya to Netherlands??? The Catalans have been here for thousands of years as they proudly claim in their independance speeches, yet they have never accomplished much on the international stage. The Dutch used to rule the oceans and were the explorers that setup trading posts all over the world... why? SIMPLY BECAUSE the Dutch understand co-operation, tolerance and how to get on with people while progressing. As a distant Dutch descendent I was brought up with these values of minding and helping others... (often to my own detriment).

Looking around Catalunya I just see a lot of self-centredness - with the rare exception that is not just lip-service.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #129 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Am not really certain I understand how these messages have anyhting to do with Cedulas.  Has the moderator gone away?

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #130 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
does it bl**dy matter if the postings are about cedulas or whether everything is in the right place or not,
as long as people are making an effort to read the posts on this forum thats all that matters ,
as i have said many times before there are many angry people who have been ripped off in catalunya and i am sure it matters not to them or me for that matter where our postings go as long as somebody reads them and maybe takes comfort in knowing that there are other people in the same position as themselves!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #131 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 9:45am
Print Post  
HI Colin B
This moderator retired from the post several weeks back but it seems that no alteration has yet been made on the Forum.  Can you do so please Nigel ?
To all of those from whom I received messages of goodwill may I say that life has never been better as I do not have to read through all the moans and groans every morning, just come in to the Forum every few days and read those posts which may be of interest to me.
Tony

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #132 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
HI Colin B
This moderator retired from the post several weeks back but it seems that no alteration has yet been made on the Forum.  Can you do so please Nigel ?
To all of those from whom I received messages of goodwill may I say that life has never been better as I do not have to read through all the moans and groans every morning, just come in to the Forum every few days and read those posts which may be of interest to me.
Tony

tony have you got a legle house ?and do you need a cedula?well maybe not if you did and you needed one and you were unable to get one then you would moan .and yes gyronut 44 i agree with you it dont matter as long as the posts are read and it helps people

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #133 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Tony,
I am pleased that you still manage to go about wearing your rose tinted spectacles,but unfortunately I do not, due to being rudely awakened by some very unsociable locals !

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #134 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
Tony,
I am pleased that you still manage to go about wearing your rose tinted spectacles,but unfortunately I do not, due to being rudely awakened by some very unsociable locals !

I hope these days you are wearing a little bit more than just those rose tinted glasses Tony. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top