Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
At Last A Decent Curry (Read 5873 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

At Last A Decent Curry
Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Mc Doner just off the main street in Tortosa no 7 Carrer Artur Anguera Valles near the end of the park with the gigantes museum, under the railway bridge and the restaurant is facing you, they do nice Bhajis Pakoras, Shami Kebabs, Samosas, Chicken Kebabs and Doner Kebabs, Biryani, Allu Keema Mater, Chicken Korma, Karahi Gosht, but also a range of Pizzas and Pasta burgers etc so if your children are picky everyone can get what they want, and best of all you can ask for it as spicey as you like
Very friendly staff and good authentic Pakistan/Hindu food
Doesn't look much from the outside but give it a try!!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: At Last A Decent Curry
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Can't quite work out where you mean.  Can't find the street on maps.  Can you give directions starting with standing under the railway bridge facing the river on the east bank ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Bigyin,

To find all the streets in catalunya you will need the best maps:

http://mercuri.icc.cat/website/guia/carrerer.html?zoom=9&xy=290944.40625%3A45207...

Mark

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=tortosa&countryCode=ES&zoomFactor=18&lat=40.809..., Tarragona

Hi Bigyin if you are under the railway bridge on the carrer generalitat facing the ebro you are looking at a wall turn right walk 30 paces and you are in the restaurant

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Duuurgh !!!  I was standing under the wrong bit of the bridge.  Thanks both.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2010 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Mac Doner is without doubt the worst meal we have ever "eaten".
2 chicken kahrahi.....2 legs in  salty gravy.raw and cold (sent back)
1 chicken korma ...... Crap
I chicken biryani  .....2 legs on a bed of rice,crap
Didnīt even bring any back for the dogs

Utter rubbish.
Can this town do a decent ethnic meal  ??????

The guy serving was nice enough though,mind you,so was the guy who ran the one in Remolins and heīs not there anymore.

IP Logged

Jordi
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2010 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Decent ethnic meals in Tortosa? Not until local people gets interested in their new neighbours way of life.
You had a Paki/Hindu restaurant in Remolins, now closed because only Pakistanis and Hindus ate in.
You have a russian/catalan restaurant in front of the train station. Catalans go for drinking and eating local. Russians and Ukranians go for eating (But I guess most of them go for the "Baltika" beer)
Chinese restaurants mainly sell "Arroz 3 delicias" 'cause is the dish which is more likely to paella.
Most of the kebabs are crap.
The only one who is getting well, to my surprise, is the Moroccan restaurant in Montserrat square (where the mosque is) even though most of the people you'll see there go just for the mint tea.

The problem of Tortosa is that people who is interested in discovering ethnic meals do not leave in Tortosa anymore. Such a pity

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2010 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Are we talking about Pac Tortosa that has moved, not had a bad meal yet, you must have been suporting the lndian cricket team instead. Cheesy

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 8:41am
Print Post  
No Skibob Not the Pac Tortosa

I also went there  for a Durum Mixta Plata  at the Pac Tortosa last week location now opposite the Old Abattoir (rather appropriate) on the one way street in Remolins heading for Bitem, it was very good,

The McDoner is near the railway bridge in Tortosa, on the main street  It has had mixed reviews but I still enjoyed my meal there!!

Apparently his specialty is Pizzas so they may be worth a try!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top