Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Rental License for Landlords (Read 8949 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Rental License for Landlords
Dec 1st, 2010 at 1:55pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Rental License for Landlords
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Even though a start date isn't mentioned,does anyone know when this licence is or was required from

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
In Future From Now!!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Ian,

I've just received the same article as Hazelnut about charging landlords a license fee to rent out property. It doesn't say too much on the article, but if it's only just been issued I suppose the best place to ask is your local town hall.
It threatens fines for people renting out property without declaring it of between 30 and 90k Euros.
Amazing
http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/buff/2010/11/22/catalonia-introduces-holid...

Jools

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
If they can't steal your property one way they will find another!!

Notice you will have to apply to the local mayor for the license and you will need a Cedulah No Doubt!! Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Harvo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Why rent at all?
Have guests staying free in your apartments?
Charge xxx euro's a week for the linen and services.......

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Even though a start date isn't mentioned,does anyone know when this licence is or was required from

Rumour has it that the license should be about 1200 euros but the fee is at the discretion of the local Alcalde and knowing ours you would need an additional license for supplying cutlery pots and pans , another for water, another for sewage, another for electricity, another for parking another for linen and towels another for hanging out washing another for supplying gas, and a license to be ripped off because you are a foreigner, need I say more!! Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why rent at all?
Have guests staying free in your apartments?
Charge xxx euro's a week for the linen and services.......

But you wouldn't get any guests as you couldn't have a website or advertise because then you would need a license to rent  sorry Harvo, this is Spain your not allowed a business unless you are an aboriginal

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Are you saying the Catalooniens possibly discriminate against non native people ?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
As If I would dare say an unfounded statement like that !!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
The Catalans discriminate against us Johnny foreigners,No way.
Only last week I was hung,drawn and quartered by a Part time Catalan judge who actually walked out whilst I was trying to defend myself against a Catalan policeman who had 4 vital pieces of evidence totally wrong and shouldn't have even prosecuted me.We are appealing.
Should take about a year.......

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I wonder if the reference to '3 months' is a cumulative figure or a single tenancy agreement.   If it were cumulative and if you only racked up 2 months of lets in the year then you could arrange another month to Mr Invisible who doesn't turn up and has only paid peppercorn rent deposit.  I don't think it could be that simple but you never know!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
It does read a bit like that....any holiday bookings therefore either long term or several short terms totaling  MORE than 3 months  will not need a licence......Should be interesting

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
why do the catalans have to always make things more complicated than necessary,
in the uk all you have to do is register as a landlord £40 i think ,and if you make a profit on your rental then you pay the tax ,simple!
landlords insurance is the only extra you need ,
i cant understand why paying for a license is going to protect either the landlord or the tenant?
i suppose spain/catalunya will have to climb out of recession some how after chasing off the cash cow called " johnny foreigner"

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Quite agree,a bit like all these so called 'green' taxes.How can taxes 'save' the bloody planet.
It would be good if the revenue collected was invested in marketing or promoting tourism in Catalunia, but it wont.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top