Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
fishing help needed (Read 9461 times)
llawnroc
Ex Member

fishing help needed
Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:07am
Print Post  
i'm coming over to spain begining of march for 6 weeks, staying in peniscola, want to do some pleasure fishing, looking at fishing around the delta, canels/river or lakes, any information would help, where to fish/baits/tackle etc, not interested in the big cats!! just pleasure! i'm 61 yrs, and have retired, do i need a licence and where would i get one from. many thanks

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: fishing help needed
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
i'm coming over to spain begining of march for 6 weeks, staying in peniscola, want to do some pleasure fishing, looking at fishing around the delta, canels/river or lakes, any information would help, where to fish/baits/tackle etc, not interested in the big cats!! just pleasure! i'm 61 yrs, and have retired, do i need a licence and where would i get one from. many thanks

yes you need a license or they will confiscate your rods and tackle!

Try this Link

https://www.cat365.net/Inici/Ciutadans/Esport/LlicenciaPesca/SolPescaRecreativa/

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
As you have been advised you will need the right license (Catalan) to fish the delta and lower ebro up to I think Riba Roca .Above there Mequinenza / Caspe and upstream  you will need another license ( Aragon ) and if you are staying in Peniscola to fish locally there you will need a Valencian license and I think a visitor there needs to take their current English ? fishing license with them to avoid having to take an exam . You will get fined and tackle confiscated without the correct paperwork. Welcome to Spain the land sinking under a mountain of paperwork !!

Quote:

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:50pm by »  

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
You can apply for your Catalan licence here...

http://www.cat365.net/Inici/Ciutadans/Esport/LlicenciaPesca/III2_ST_MostrarInfor...

I think this link will work.

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
There are two local places to get fishing permits from, one in Amposta and one in Tortosa.  The one in Amposta is close to the dock, sorry I don't know the address, the one in Tortosa is in Carrer Ramon near the underground car park.  The office is on the second floor of the Department of Agriculture and the permits cost around €16 each.  You will need your passport.

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

llawnroc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Thanks for the help, clicked on the link and got there in the end, printed my licence, seems like i dont have to pay for it as i am retired, all i want now is places to fish!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top