Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 It happens every time.... (Read 8695 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

It happens every time....
Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Why is the woman in front me at the check out ALWAYS a bloody forensic accountant ????

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: It happens every time....
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Noooo Nobby you need to get behind the woman that is 3 quarters through her check out items and decides she has forgotten something, and just buggers of for 5 minutes to get what she wants, then fumbles trying to open the plastic bags and packs her stuff very slowly then pays in cash and has to grovel through her purse for every last centimo, still not having packed everything when the next persons stuff starts to come down the checkout, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
CHILL BABY  CHILL

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Yes,yes,yes Hazelnut-- that absolutely drives me round the bend-but, what gets me even more is the woman,always a woman, Angry who puts her stuff on the belt-to reserve her place as it were- then sends her brat off to complete her shopping,brat comes back with the wrong stuff then Mummy goes off on her search leaving me standing there !!!!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Or......there's the conversation,usually centered around the old dears life history.The fish is walking to the car and the Bio yohgurt is now penecillin.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
briand6868 wrote on Mar 8th, 2011 at 8:05pm:
Yes,yes,yes Hazelnut-- that absolutely drives me round the bend-but, what gets me even more is the woman,always a woman, Angry who puts her stuff on the belt-to reserve her place as it were- then sends her brat off to complete her shopping,brat comes back with the wrong stuff then Mummy goes off on her search leaving me standing there !!!!!

Glad its just not me then!! I have since pushed in front of people who leave their basket at the check out and then walk off to do more shopping, they look quite perturbed on their return, but Feck em I say, they are not in the village shop anymore!!

Can you imagine the trauma if they introduced self check out aisles in Cataloonia!!

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
briand6868 wrote on Mar 8th, 2011 at 8:05pm:

[highlight]Glad its just not me then!! I have since pushed in front of people who leave their basket at the check out [/highlight]and then walk off to do more shopping, they look quite perturbed on their return, but Feck em I say, they are not in the village shop anymore!!

Can you imagine the trauma if they introduced self check out aisles in Cataloonia!!

I once queued behind an unmanned basket for 5 days before I realised they'd taken the old biddy off in an ambulance!  We had similar experiences when first here in the Tivenys Spa shop - could take an hour to buy 300g of ham!
Cheesy

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Just buy 25g and you could be out in 5 mins. Grin

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
My local Lidl is the place for me,no fannying about, in-shop-pay-out great.Any dawdlling is dealt with by the checkout girls who loudly encourage people with only a couple of items to jump people who are still unloading full trollies. Leads me on to the next rant- in the queue behind a person with a full trolley who insists on waiting until its her turn to be dealt with,and checkout person is poised, Shocked to BEGIN to unload the trolley , ONE ITEM AT A TIME !!! Grrrrrrr.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Have you not realised that patience is a virtue that you need to develop here ?  It's part of the culture.  It takes a while but makes for a smoother passage if you can master it.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Patient People get walked over, pushed in front of and left at T junctions for hours!!
Watch the video its obviously a Latin thing about checkouts!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v9Oio2QbLE&tracker=False

And one for Nobby and Briand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrthNBcq5jc&tracker=False

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 8:59am
Print Post  
It's not just checkouts...everything takes so unnessessessessessarraly (soory about the speeling) long.
Patience may be a virtue but thats why the country is 20 years behind the rest of Europe and on its knees.Clueless.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not just checkouts...everything takes so unnessessessessessarraly (soory about the speeling) long.
Patience may be a virtue but thats why the country is 20 years behind the rest of Europe and on its knees.Clueless.

And its why I love the place
Unnecessarily or not, I had enough of everything having to be done in double quick time back in the UK.
Here just take it easy, Bigyin is right Patience is a virtue, and high blood pressure makes you die younger.
And I know how to spell 'unnecessarily' so there Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I agree totally with Cactus Jack.  I've lived in Spain for almost 36 years and believe me it has come a very long way in this time, but thank goodness it is still behind other European countries in many ways... I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Just relax and enjoy.  Smiley

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Allthough some aspects of Cataloonya being 30 years behind the times can be amusing,dealing with officials is not.
An example of this is when dealing with officials at the Adjuntament and none of their bills or information is available translated.
It is if they want to make paying bills,taxes etc.more difficult !
The recent Census in the uk is available translated into 56 languages,allthough Cataloonyian is omitted.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top